Home > Depakote > Lupus-like syndrome > Depakote and Lupus-like syndrome
Review: could Depakote cause Lupus-like syndrome?
We study 29,591 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Lupus-like syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Lupus-like syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Lupus-like syndrome >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,913 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Lupus-like syndrome (a disease symptom matches with lupus an immune disease) (latest reports from 10,901 patients) has been reported by people with crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 24, 2014: 29,591 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 8 people (0.03%) have Lupus-like Syndrome.
Time on Depakote when people have Lupus-like syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Depakote * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||87.50%||12.50% |
Age of people who have Lupus-like syndrome when taking Depakote * :
|Lupus-like syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||28.57%||57.14%||0.00% |
Severity of Lupus-like syndrome when taking Depakote ** :
How people recovered from Lupus-like syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Psoriasis (3 people, 37.50%)
- Panic attack (2 people, 25.00%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (1 people, 12.50%)
- Depression (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vicodin (4 people, 50.00%)
- Prevacid (3 people, 37.50%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 37.50%)
- Ativan (3 people, 37.50%)
- Zoloft (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lupus-like Syndrome while taking Depakote?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Depakote and have Lupus-like Syndrome
- group for people who take Depakote
- group for people who have Lupus-like Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
currently being tested, hearing test passed, balance test i passed solid surface eyes open, foam surface eyes open and closed but failed the eyes closed solid surface, awaiting VNG thought it was caused by topamax as symptoms started after taking meds but once i stopped and was changed over to depakote they never stopped. random can come in clusters or every few weeks
From this study (6 days ago):
Concerta XL = 108 mg (morning)
Depakote 500 mg (afternoon)
Promethazine 25mg (Night)
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I have had really bad Restless Leg Syndrome since May 2013 and with the help of the Methocarbamol it works wonders. I take 1 to 2 pills every 6 hours or as needed. I saw results within the first use. I would also like to add that it helps with pain that is localized or for pain throughout the body.
Seroquel helped me with my sleep disorders due to my BiPolar and Anxiety issues. I originally started at 100mg at bedtime which was offering me a little relief but my physician bumped it up too 300mg at bedtime where I was getting alot more rest. My anxiety was getting really bad so it was bumped up too 600mg. My anxiety dropped, however, I was sleeping almost 16 hours a day.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Depakote, Lupus-like syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Lupus-like syndrome
On eHealthMe, Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (59 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Semen Volume Increased
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Baked Beans