Home > Depakote > Muscle pain > Depakote and Muscle pain
Review: could Depakote cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 257 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Muscle pain >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,926 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 506,520 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 29,598 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 257 people (0.87%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Depakote when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||59.38%||28.12%||3.12%||6.25%||3.12%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Depakote * :
|Muscle pain||65.83%||34.17% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Depakote * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||2.21%||4.87%||5.75%||23.89%||26.99%||25.22%||11.06% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (50 people, 19.46%)
- Depression (39 people, 15.18%)
- Pain (22 people, 8.56%)
- Convulsion (20 people, 7.78%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 7.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (45 people, 17.51%)
- Zoloft (40 people, 15.56%)
- Neurontin (38 people, 14.79%)
- Klonopin (33 people, 12.84%)
- Zyprexa (32 people, 12.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Cailin, Tested Positive For Speed, and takes Norco, Cymbalta, Depakote)
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- Depakota and garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Depakote)
Is it safe to take both Depakote and Garcinia Cambogia xt. I take Depakote and want to take something that will burn the fat off.
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Depakote, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Muscle pain
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Divalproex, Vimpat, Finasteride for a patient with BPH, Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Bph
Comments: Small Prostate cancer in addition to BPH
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a patient with Neck Pain. The patient has Pain - Muscles (muscle pain)
Comments: I have lupus so had very bad neck and shoulder pain which vanished on naproxen. When I stopped taking it, I got severe muscle pain in my upper arms
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Comments: upper arm muscle pain, and left finger pain
- A study of side effects of Depakote Er for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Dizziness Exertional, Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
Comments: Seated for approx 3 minutes before BP was taken. Result 90/66, pulse 65. I get dizzy and out of breath climbing 2 flights of stairs. I am a competitive Masters Level Bicyclist.
More related studies for: Depakote, Muscle pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.