Home > Depakote > Photosensitivity reaction > Depakote and Photosensitivity reaction
Review: could Depakote cause Photosensitivity reaction?
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Photosensitivity reaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Photosensitivity reaction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Photosensitivity reaction >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,921 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Photosensitivity reaction (latest reports from 27,921 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 29,591 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 35 people (0.12%) have Photosensitivity Reaction.
Time on Depakote when people have Photosensitivity reaction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Photosensitivity reaction||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Photosensitivity reaction when taking Depakote * :
|Photosensitivity reaction||55.56%||44.44% |
Age of people who have Photosensitivity reaction when taking Depakote * :
|Photosensitivity reaction||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||16.67%||23.33%||23.33%||16.67%||16.67% |
Severity of Photosensitivity reaction when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Photosensitivity reaction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Photosensitivity reaction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Photosensitivity reaction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (6 people, 17.14%)
- Depression (5 people, 14.29%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 11.43%)
- Panic attack (4 people, 11.43%)
- Bipolar i disorder (3 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (8 people, 22.86%)
- Risperdal (8 people, 22.86%)
- Abilify (6 people, 17.14%)
- Xanax (6 people, 17.14%)
- Zyprexa (6 people, 17.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Photosensitivity Reaction while taking Depakote?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Photosensitivity Reaction
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Photosensitivity Reaction
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Depakote, Photosensitivity reaction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Photosensitivity reaction
On eHealthMe, Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zyprexa, Xanax, Ondansetron, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Vicodin, Adderall Xr 30, Adderall 30, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Depakote for a patient with Bipolar, Anxiety Disorder, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Endometriosis, Add. The patient has Orthostatic Intolerance, Chills, Fever, Photosensitivity Reaction, Dehydration, Numbness And Tingling, Arnold-chiari Malformation, Pain - Joints, Muscle Pain, Dizziness, Vertigo, Hallucination, Visual, Abdominal Pain, Swelling In The Abdomen, Swelling Face, Nausea
More related studies for: Depakote, Photosensitivity reaction
Recent Depakote related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Depakote, Photosensitivity reaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (16 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (28 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Selegiline Hydrochloride
- Ureaplasma Infection
- Theolair Sr
- Coffea Robusta