Home > Depakote > Restless legs syndrome > Depakote and Restless legs syndrome
Review: could Depakote cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,921 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 67,414 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 29,591 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 88 people (0.30%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Depakote when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||28.57%||14.29%||28.57% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Depakote * :
|Restless legs syndrome||73.47%||26.53% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Depakote * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||3.53%||5.88%||8.24%||30.59%||50.59%||1.18% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||20.00%||60.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (33 people, 37.50%)
- Pain (18 people, 20.45%)
- Depression (17 people, 19.32%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 17.05%)
- Hypomania (14 people, 15.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (46 people, 52.27%)
- Geodon (28 people, 31.82%)
- Risperdal (27 people, 30.68%)
- Zyprexa (25 people, 28.41%)
- Neurontin (24 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Depakote?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Seated for approx 3 minutes before BP was taken. Result 90/66, pulse 65. I get dizzy and out of breath climbing 2 flights of stairs. I am a competitive Masters Level Bicyclist.
From this study (1 week ago):
Day 2 of two 10mg/day. Restless after dosing.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Depakote, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
More reviews for: Depakote, Restless legs syndrome
On eHealthMe, Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (7 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (7 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (30 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Cocaine Abuse
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
- Morphine Sulfate
- Bilateral Hydronephrosis
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder