Review: could Depakote cause Serum ferritin increased?
Summary: Serum ferritin increased is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, also take medication Zinacef, and have Sickle cell anaemia.
We study 29,629 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Serum ferritin increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Serum ferritin increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depakote and have Serum ferritin increased >>>
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 30,959 Depakote users)
Serum ferritin increased
Serum ferritin increased has been reported by people with iron overload, myelodysplastic syndrome, high blood pressure, sickle cell anaemia, hepatitis c. (latest reports from 2,948 Serum ferritin increased patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 29,629 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 9 people (0.03%) have Serum Ferritin Increased.
Time on Depakote when people have Serum ferritin increased * :
Gender of people who have Serum ferritin increased when taking Depakote * :
|Serum ferritin increased||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Serum ferritin increased when taking Depakote * :
|Serum ferritin increased||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||42.86%||14.29%||0.00%||28.57% |
Severity of Serum ferritin increased when taking Depakote ** :
How people recovered from Serum ferritin increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sickle cell anaemia (2 people, 22.22%)
- Pneumococcal infection (2 people, 22.22%)
- Convulsion (2 people, 22.22%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Migraine (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zinacef (3 people, 33.33%)
- Roxicet (3 people, 33.33%)
- Erythromycin (3 people, 33.33%)
- Prednisone (3 people, 33.33%)
- Claritin (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Serum Ferritin Increased while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Serum Ferritin Increased
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Serum Ferritin Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Codeprex, Celexa, Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Pain, Pain, Depression, Migraine With Aura.
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a 41-year old woman with Mood Stabilizer.
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
Recent Depakote related drug comparison:
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Olanzapine, Depakote Er for a 22-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Epival for a 26-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Vimpat, Depakote Er for a 36-year old woman who has Partial Seizures With Secondary Generalisation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.