Home > Depakote > Shortness of breath > Depakote and Shortness of breath
Review: could Depakote cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 669 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Shortness of breath >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,921 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 1,342,605 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 29,591 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 669 people (2.26%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Depakote when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||34.12%||25.88%||5.88%||7.06%||21.18%||3.53%||2.35% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Depakote * :
|Shortness of breath||63.96%||36.04% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Depakote * :
|Shortness of breath||0.32%||1.26%||3.63%||7.89%||20.19%||27.44%||21.29%||17.98% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (133 people, 19.88%)
- Depression (112 people, 16.74%)
- Pain (99 people, 14.80%)
- Anxiety (44 people, 6.58%)
- Convulsion (43 people, 6.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (150 people, 22.42%)
- Xanax (129 people, 19.28%)
- Zyprexa (124 people, 18.54%)
- Klonopin (115 people, 17.19%)
- Ativan (99 people, 14.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Depakote?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
I continue to have neurological issues. Hesitation issues when doing different neurological tests, cannot make smooth movements. Unable to walk on my heels or toes.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Depakote, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Depakote, Shortness of breath
On eHealthMe, Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (46 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (46 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Decreased
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis