Home > Depakote > Splenomegaly > Depakote and Splenomegaly
Review: could Depakote cause Splenomegaly?
Summary: Splenomegaly is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ativan, and have Hiv infection.
We study 29,598 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 56 have Splenomegaly. Find out below who they are, when they have Splenomegaly and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Splenomegaly >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,926 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Splenomegaly (enlargement of spleen) (latest reports from 39,333 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 29,598 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 56 people (0.19%) have Splenomegaly.
Time on Depakote when people have Splenomegaly * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Splenomegaly when taking Depakote * :
Age of people who have Splenomegaly when taking Depakote * :
Severity of Splenomegaly when taking Depakote ** :
How people recovered from Splenomegaly ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (5 people, 8.93%)
- Sleep disorder (5 people, 8.93%)
- Ill-defined disorder (3 people, 5.36%)
- Agitation (3 people, 5.36%)
- Bipolar i disorder (2 people, 3.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (20 people, 35.71%)
- Xanax (17 people, 30.36%)
- Lasix (13 people, 23.21%)
- Imodium (12 people, 21.43%)
- Zometa (12 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Splenomegaly while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Splenomegaly
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Splenomegaly
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Cailin, Tested Positive For Speed, and takes Norco, Cymbalta, Depakote)
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Depakota and garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Depakote)
Is it safe to take both Depakote and Garcinia Cambogia xt. I take Depakote and want to take something that will burn the fat off.
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Can prolonged use of warfarin cause liver and spleen damage
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Enlarged Spleen, Cirrohosis Of The Liver, Fatiquie, Pain Under The Ribs, and takes Lorazepam, Allegra D 24 Hour, Tylenol)
I was on warfarin for ten years. they now found that I have cirrhosis of the liver my spleen is very enlarged can this all be caused by the prolonged use of the warfarin. Doctors giving me the run around but under my ribs is killing me and they just say take pain meds and go away
More questions for: Depakote, Splenomegaly
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Splenomegaly
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Suboxone, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a patient with Insomnia, Addiction, Mood Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Nightmares
Comments: I am waking you 4-5 times a week between 3-4 am crying and yelling.I have the same dream every night, detail for detail.it's always the same, I get a call to come to the hospital something to do with my husband. I go there and they don't say anything to me just walk me into a room and he is laying ...
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Antisocial Behaviour, Lack Of Feeling, Autistic Behavior
Comments: It seemed at a point that the Depakote was really helping me out through my Bipolar disorder, and it peaked. It seemed that a week after everything was going really well, I was still taking my meds and instead of helping me get through it was provoking me. I would still get the usual results of my m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Estrace, Celexa, Depakote, Plaquenil for a patient with Hormone Replacement Therapy, Depression, Migraine, Lupus. The patient has Hallucination, Visual
Comments: I had previously been taking the Depakote, Celexa and Estrace and take all three drugs in the evening. Depakote at around 9:00, Celexa at 10:00 and Estrace at bedtime (usually around 11:00). Most recently started the Plaquenil (100 mg am and 100 mg pm) and about 3 weeks into it got two nights in a ...
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Agitation. The patient has
Comments: I have been using depakote and respirdol since i was a child. when i was about 14, the psychiatrist took me off of risperdol and substituted abilify. I did very well on abilify, but i just couldn't eat, not even my favorite foods. This went on for months until my foster mom read that depakote could ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Depakote Er, Zonegran, Celexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Seizure - Temporal Lobe, Seizures, Stress And Anxiety, Sleep Disorder Therapy. The patient has Zonegran, Celexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Depakote Er
Comments: I had LTL seizure free for 18mos. Given cipro for UTI and then strong long partial/complex seizure I have never had before. Then on Bactrum for UTI several weeks on. Side effects started and 2 seizures and then bilateral shaking seizure again and inability to speak. I never had both sides shakin ...
More related studies for: Depakote, Splenomegaly
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.