Review: could Depakote cause Substance abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Substance abuse is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 29,601 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Substance abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Substance abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Substance abuse >>>
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 30,928 users)
Substance abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Substance abuse 10,555 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 29,598 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 76 people (0.26%) have Substance Abuse.
Time on Depakote when people have Substance abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Substance abuse||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Substance abuse when taking Depakote * :
|Substance abuse||43.53%||56.47% |
Age of people who have Substance abuse when taking Depakote * :
|Substance abuse||1.25%||2.50%||7.50%||23.75%||25.00%||27.50%||12.50%||0.00% |
Severity of Substance abuse when taking Depakote ** :
How people recovered from Substance abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (28 people, 36.84%)
- Depression (24 people, 31.58%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 23.68%)
- Sleep disorder (12 people, 15.79%)
- Schizophrenia (10 people, 13.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (51 people, 67.11%)
- Risperdal (28 people, 36.84%)
- Zyprexa (26 people, 34.21%)
- Lexapro (24 people, 31.58%)
- Klonopin (23 people, 30.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Substance Abuse while taking Depakote?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote and have Substance Abuse
- support group for people who take Depakote
- support group for people who have Substance Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Cailin, Tested Positive For Speed, and takes Norco, Cymbalta, Depakote)
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Depakota and garcinia cambogia (1 answer)
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Depakote)
Is it safe to take both Depakote and Garcinia Cambogia xt. I take Depakote and want to take something that will burn the fat off.
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
More questions for: Depakote, Substance abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Substance abuse
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Dementia Alzheimer's Type. The patient has Loss Of Balance
Comments: many falls, strange gait poor balance, confusion
takes 250 3 x daily
also taking Zoloft .75 am
and .25 pm
walking ad falls major problem and I believe it is the drug causing problem
major drowsiness, no interest in anything
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Topamax for a patient with Seizure Disorder. The patient has Vertigo, Static Noise In Left Ear And Occasional Tingling Down Arm All Coincide Makes Me Nausea
Comments: currently being tested, hearing test passed, balance test i passed solid surface eyes open, foam surface eyes open and closed but failed the eyes closed solid surface, awaiting VNG thought it was caused by topamax as symptoms started after taking meds but once i stopped and was changed over to depak ...
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Depakote, Lamictal, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Methocarbamol for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Bipolar I Disorder, Depressive, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has
Comments: I have had really bad Restless Leg Syndrome since May 2013 and with the help of the Methocarbamol it works wonders. I take 1 to 2 pills every 6 hours or as needed. I saw results within the first use. I would also like to add that it helps with pain that is localized or for pain throughout the body. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Depakote Er for a patient with Schizophrenia, Prevention Of Premature Ovulation. The patient has Dizzyness, Vomiting, Immobile, Sleepy, Drowsy, Hard To Wake Up But Will Eventually Be A Aware Of Surroundings
Comments: Patient was perscribed these drugs and hadn't been taking them for start 2 to 4 months decided take them after wife who he isn't recently living with said needs to be. Was under influence of narcotics at time I assume said she brought him up with her too work and noticed he was speaking funny night ...
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Risperidone, Depakote, Haldol for a patient with Bipolar Mania. The patient has Raised Ammonia Levels Depressed, Mind Stuck, Raised Ammonia Levels. Psycosis, Raised Ammonia Levels. Psycosis, Beame Jaundice. Miss Diagnosed For Hep C.
Comments: Haldol caused jaundice and diagnosed with hep c. After many tests and off haldol specialists said it was false positive. Risperadol and depakote raised ammonia levels. Causing psychotic episode s.latuda caused raised ammonia levels, and also, risperdone had me near obeasity! Have I bbeen misdiagnose ...
More related studies for: Depakote, Substance abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.