Depakote and Swallowing pain or burning - from FDA reports
Swallowing pain or burning is found among people who take Depakote, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Cefazolin, and have Arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Swallowing pain or burning with Depakote. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,658 people who have side effects when taking Depakote from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
38,658 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote.
Among them, 6 people (0.02%) have Swallowing pain or burning
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Depakote when people have Swallowing pain or burning *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Swallowing pain or burning when taking Depakote *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Swallowing pain or burning when taking Depakote *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 20 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hepatitis C (1 person, 16.67%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 16.67%)
- Diuretic Therapy (1 person, 16.67%)
- Convulsion (1 person, 16.67%)
- Arthritis (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tegretol (1 person, 16.67%)
- Mirtazapine (1 person, 16.67%)
- Lexapro (1 person, 16.67%)
- Furosemide (1 person, 16.67%)
- Cefazolin (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (3 people, 50.00%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 50.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (3 people, 50.00%)
- Chest Pain (3 people, 50.00%)
- Erythema Multiforme (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swallowing pain or burning when taking Depakote?
- Check symptoms - is swallowing pain or burning caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Depakote has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Depakote 40,622 users)
Swallowing pain or burning
Swallowing pain or burning has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 3,540 Swallowing pain or burning patients).