Home > Depakote > Tinnitus > Depakote and Tinnitus
Review: could Depakote cause Tinnitus?
We study 29,591 people who have side effects while taking Depakote from FDA and social media. Among them, 150 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote and have Tinnitus >>>
Depakote (latest outcomes from 30,913 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,308 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 29,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Depakote. Among them, 150 people (0.51%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Depakote when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Depakote * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Depakote * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Depakote ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (36 people, 24.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (24 people, 16.00%)
- Affective disorder (18 people, 12.00%)
- Epilepsy (15 people, 10.00%)
- Migraine (15 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote er (52 people, 34.67%)
- Atenolol (25 people, 16.67%)
- Folic acid (22 people, 14.67%)
- Phenergan (22 people, 14.67%)
- Toprol-xl (22 people, 14.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Depakote?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Depakote and have Tinnitus
- group for people who take Depakote
- group for people who have Tinnitus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
Sleep study showed snoring problem and advised me to go to ENT. Also to discuss ringing in the ear. Going to set appointment
Bladder mesh surgery for incontinence in May 2013.
Bikini cut FULL hysterectomy in Jan. 2014
Gastroenterologist appointment April 10th, 2014 perforation of the intestine.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
- Can a failed lap nissan cause tinnitus
Can a failed lap Nissan cause tinnitus. I have one and I noticed that I no longer have the huge amount of flatulence that I used to - I seem to have an air dynamic that is "off" in my body/head and it is causing tinnitus in one ear. Can this be possible?
More questions for: Depakote, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
More reviews for: Depakote, Tinnitus
On eHealthMe, Depakote (divalproex sodium) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Depakote is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depakote used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (59 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Urine Potassium Decreased
- Semen Volume Increased