Review: could Depo-medrol cause Herpes zoster?
Summary: Herpes zoster is found among people who take Depo-medrol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Eczema.
We study 2,147 people who have side effects while taking Depo-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Herpes zoster. Find out below who they are, when they have Herpes zoster and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Herpes zoster >>>
Depo-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 2,182 Depo-medrol users)
Herpes zoster has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 22,710 Herpes zoster patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 2,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-medrol. Among them, 31 people (1.44%) have Herpes Zoster.
Time on Depo-medrol when people have Herpes zoster * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Herpes zoster||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Herpes zoster when taking Depo-medrol * :
|Herpes zoster||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||33.33%||3.33%||56.67% |
Severity of Herpes zoster when taking Depo-medrol ** :
How people recovered from Herpes zoster ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (10 people, 32.26%)
- Pain (7 people, 22.58%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 3.23%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 3.23%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 3.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (24 people, 77.42%)
- Zometa (24 people, 77.42%)
- Coumadin (18 people, 58.06%)
- Flonase (17 people, 54.84%)
- Ativan (17 people, 54.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Herpes Zoster while taking Depo-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Herpes Zoster
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol
- support group for people who have Herpes zoster
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Percocet for a 41-year old woman with Lupus. The patient has Shingles
- A study of drug interactions between Echinacea, Gabapentin for a 58-year old woman with Shingles. The patient has Shingles
- A study of side effects of Fluorouracil for a 29-year old woman with Basal Cell Carcinoma. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
- A study of side effects of Depo-medrol for a 61-year old man with Sacral Pain. The patient has Testicular Pain (pain in testes)
Recent Depo-medrol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 20, Nuvaring, Depo-medrol for a 27-year old woman who has Back Injury
- Comparions of Kenacort, Depo-medrol for a 68-year old woman who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of Depo-medrol, Cortisone Acetate, Ketoconazole, Actonel for a 85-year old man who has Pain - Hip
- Comparions of Sensorcaine, Xylocaine, Depo-medrol, Ammonium Chloride 0.9% In Normal Saline for a 44-year old woman who has Nicotine
- Comparions of Dexamethasone, Depo-medrol (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 40MG/ML for a 54-year old woman who has Pruritus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.