Home > Depo-medrol > Sleeplessness > Depo-medrol and Sleeplessness
Review: could Depo-medrol cause Sleeplessness (Insomnia)?
We study 2,146 people who have side effects while taking Depo-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 133 have Sleeplessness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleeplessness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Sleeplessness >>>
Depo-medrol (latest outcomes from 2,181 users) has active ingredients of methylprednisolone acetate. It is often used in birth control.
Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired) (latest reports from 763,667 patients) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,146 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-medrol. Among them, 126 people (5.87%) have Sleeplessness.
Time on Depo-medrol when people have Sleeplessness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Depo-medrol * :
Severity of Sleeplessness when taking Depo-medrol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleeplessness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 19.05%)
- Back pain (22 people, 17.46%)
- Neck pain (16 people, 12.70%)
- Bone density abnormal (16 people, 12.70%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 12.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (39 people, 30.95%)
- Bextra (34 people, 26.98%)
- Fosamax (33 people, 26.19%)
- Flonase (32 people, 25.40%)
- Aspirin (32 people, 25.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleeplessness while taking Depo-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Sleeplessness
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol
- support group for people who have Sleeplessness
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Was given a shingle shot at sam's store and next mournning was given a depo-medtrol shot in lumbar
Was given a shingle shot and seen my orthopedic Doctor next day and was given a Depo-Medrol cortisone shot in my Lumbar for pain, for a previous Lumbar operation.
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Which medication would fit for all condition that i have to take 1 medication?
Is Lorazepam the answer for all this medical condition fix into this medical condition? If it is, that great. But second question is.....is there any other medication that would help besides lorazepam? Im doing this research TO find out what is right for me before I ask my mental Dr about it. I have ...
- Mellaril for use of severe insomnia .taming.meds for fibro,yalgia.gabape.tin fleviril,atarax,mobic
I have had severe insomnia for 20 years also suffer from depression andfibromyalgia .ihave agoraphobia due to ptsd .i am in mid to severe pain much.if the time i have a history of amphetami.e abuze .been clean 8 years. Trazadone ,temazipam and and meletonin for sleep with adverese reaction nited wi ...
- What are the best meds to take to fix insomnia, anxiety,depression
What medications will work well
I need my brain to stop at night. And stay asleep.
I have anxiety
Little grumpy at times and things bother me a lot. Easily nervious and worry about everything. Crying a lot I notice.
- Can coumadin cause insomnia
i just had carpal tunnel surgery had to stop coumadin and inject myself with lovenox and now i am back on the coumadin along with the lovenox but my pro time is still low and i was told to still take the needles along with the coumadin i also all of a sudden have insomnia I am a 66 year old ...
- After being on zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years, i now notice multiple side effects and i want to get off
I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years for chronic depression. When I first started taking Zoloft, it made a huge positive impact on my life. It was a miracle drug for me. I believe it saved my life.
Ten or so years ago it suddenly stopped working. My doctor had me try several other S ...
- Do you take klonopin ans zolpidem together?does it work?
I had my first depression in 2000 (it was terrible and lasted for 4 or 5 months I managed to survive,but 6 or 7 yrs later was attacked by another bout,this time much milder and not so long.In March this yr I was overtaken by the third- the most merciless and cruel one that has been torturing me for ...
- Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
More questions for: Depo-medrol, Sleeplessness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Insomnia from suboxone
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
More reviews for: Depo-medrol, Sleeplessness
On eHealthMe, Depo-medrol (methylprednisolone acetate) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Depo-medrol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depo-medrol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Depo-medrol, Sleeplessness
Recent Depo-medrol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 20, Nuvaring, Depo-medrol for a 27-year old woman who has Back Injury
- Comparions of Kenacort, Depo-medrol for a 68-year old woman who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of Depo-medrol, Cortisone Acetate, Ketoconazole, Actonel for a 85-year old man who has Pain - Hip
- Comparions of Sensorcaine, Xylocaine, Depo-medrol, Ammonium Chloride 0.9% In Normal Saline for a 44-year old woman who has Nicotine
- Comparions of Dexamethasone, Depo-medrol (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 40MG/ML for a 54-year old woman who has Pruritus
- Comparions of Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate (Abraxis Pharm) - EQ 10MG PHOSPHATE/ML, Kenalog-40 (Apothecon) - 40MG/ML, Depo-medrol (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 40MG/ML for a 55-year old woman who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Depo-medrol (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 40MG/ML, Omnipaque 240 (Ge Healthcare) - 51.8% for a 21-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Kenalog-40 (Apothecon) - 40MG/ML, Methylprednisolone Acetate for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Depo-medrol (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 40MG/ML, Ortho Tri-cyclen for a 28-year old woman who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Depo-subq Provera 104 (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 104MG/0.65ML, Depo-medrol (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 80MG/ML for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control And Family Planning
More related comparison studies for: Depo-medrol, Sleeplessness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.