Review: could Depo-medrol cause Sleeplessness (Insomnia)?
Summary: Sleeplessness is found among people who take Depo-medrol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 2,147 people who have side effects while taking Depo-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 133 have Sleeplessness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleeplessness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Sleeplessness >>>
Depo-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 2,182 Depo-medrol users)
Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 131,509 Sleeplessness patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 2,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-medrol. Among them, 126 people (5.87%) have Sleeplessness.
Time on Depo-medrol when people have Sleeplessness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Depo-medrol * :
Severity of Sleeplessness when taking Depo-medrol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleeplessness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 19.05%)
- Back pain (22 people, 17.46%)
- Neck pain (16 people, 12.70%)
- Bone density abnormal (16 people, 12.70%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 12.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (39 people, 30.95%)
- Bextra (34 people, 26.98%)
- Fosamax (33 people, 26.19%)
- Flonase (32 people, 25.40%)
- Aspirin (32 people, 25.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of depo-medrol and sleeplessness on
Do you have Sleeplessness while taking Depo-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Sleeplessness
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol
- support group for people who have Sleeplessness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a 23-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Bad Dreams, Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Entocort Ec for a 48-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Leg Cramping, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-medrol, Ibuprofen, Prednisolone, Zorvolex, Esomeprazole Sodium, Tramadol, Zolpidem, Diazepam, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman with Orthopedic Pain - Articular Infiltration, Orthopedic Pain, Gastric Ph, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Hair Loss, Eosinophilic Pustular Foliculitis, Caries, Presbyopia
- A study of side effects of Diovan for a 65-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
Recent Depo-medrol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Kenalog, Depo-medrol for a 70-year old woman who has Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 20, Nuvaring, Depo-medrol for a 27-year old woman who has Back Injury
- Comparions of Kenacort, Depo-medrol for a 68-year old woman who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of Depo-medrol, Cortisone Acetate, Ketoconazole, Actonel for a 85-year old man who has Pain - Hip
- Comparions of Sensorcaine, Xylocaine, Depo-medrol, Ammonium Chloride 0.9% In Normal Saline for a 44-year old woman who has Nicotine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.