Home > Depo-medrol > Weight gain > Depo-medrol and Weight gain
Review: could Depo-medrol cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 2,146 people who have side effects while taking Depo-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 114 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Weight gain >>>
Depo-medrol (latest outcomes from 2,181 users) has active ingredients of methylprednisolone acetate. It is often used in birth control.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,146 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-medrol. Among them, 114 people (5.31%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Depo-medrol when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||60.00%||24.00%||8.00%||8.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Depo-medrol * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||1.75%||0.88%||0.88%||7.89%||20.18%||39.47%||28.95% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Depo-medrol ** :
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (31 people, 27.19%)
- Back pain (24 people, 21.05%)
- Neck pain (18 people, 15.79%)
- Muscle spasms (13 people, 11.40%)
- Sciatica (12 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (37 people, 32.46%)
- Protonix (36 people, 31.58%)
- Aredia (31 people, 27.19%)
- Zometa (31 people, 27.19%)
- Zantac (30 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Depo-medrol?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Depo-medrol, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Depo-medrol, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Depo-medrol (methylprednisolone acetate) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Depo-medrol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Depo-medrol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Depo-medrol, Weight gain
Recent Depo-medrol related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Depo-medrol, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (20 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (24 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (36 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (39 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (50 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Drug Effect Prolonged
- Sex Delayed Ejaculation