Review: could Depo-medrol cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Depo-medrol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 2,147 people who have side effects while taking Depo-medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 114 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Weight gain >>>
Depo-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 2,182 Depo-medrol users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 2,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-medrol. Among them, 114 people (5.31%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Depo-medrol when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||60.00%||24.00%||8.00%||8.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Depo-medrol * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||1.75%||0.88%||0.88%||7.89%||20.18%||39.47%||28.95% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Depo-medrol ** :
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (31 people, 27.19%)
- Back pain (24 people, 21.05%)
- Neck pain (18 people, 15.79%)
- Muscle spasms (13 people, 11.40%)
- Sciatica (12 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (37 people, 32.46%)
- Protonix (36 people, 31.58%)
- Aredia (31 people, 27.19%)
- Zometa (31 people, 27.19%)
- Zantac (30 people, 26.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of depo-medrol and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Depo-medrol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Depo-medrol
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Letrozole for a 68-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Weight Gain, Tendonitis Exacerbated (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons)
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Strattera for a 55-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a 24-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effient for a 61-year old man with Stent. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Depo-medrol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Kenalog, Depo-medrol for a 70-year old woman who has Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Adderall Xr 20, Nuvaring, Depo-medrol for a 27-year old woman who has Back Injury
- Comparions of Kenacort, Depo-medrol for a 68-year old woman who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of Depo-medrol, Cortisone Acetate, Ketoconazole, Actonel for a 85-year old man who has Pain - Hip
- Comparions of Sensorcaine, Xylocaine, Depo-medrol, Ammonium Chloride 0.9% In Normal Saline for a 44-year old woman who has Nicotine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.