Review: could Depo-provera cause Bladder infection (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Bladder infection is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Contraception.
We study 9,940 people who have side effects while taking Depo-provera from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Bladder infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Bladder infection >>>
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Depo-provera 10,351 users)
Bladder infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Bladder infection 66,790 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 9,927 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera. Among them, 94 people (0.95%) have Bladder Infection.
Time on Depo-provera when people have Bladder infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bladder infection||72.09%||9.30%||0.00%||2.33%||2.33%||9.30%||4.65% |
Age of people who have Bladder infection when taking Depo-provera * :
|Bladder infection||0.93%||0.00%||14.95%||30.84%||43.93%||7.48%||1.87%||0.00% |
Severity of Bladder infection when taking Depo-provera ** :
How people recovered from Bladder infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (61 people, 64.89%)
- Menstrual discomfort (20 people, 21.28%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (15 people, 15.96%)
- Psychotic disorder (11 people, 11.70%)
- Hypoxia (7 people, 7.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (19 people, 20.21%)
- Ambien (16 people, 17.02%)
- Nexium (16 people, 17.02%)
- Lexapro (15 people, 15.96%)
- Doxycycline (15 people, 15.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bladder Infection while taking Depo-provera?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Bladder Infection
- support group for people who take Depo-provera
- support group for people who have Bladder Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Depo-provera, Bladder infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- Medroxyprogesterone suppresses hidradenitis in me.
I am a Dutch woman, 44 years of age. At age 18, I started to develop symmptoms of what later turned out to be Hidradenitis suppurativa. for birth control, I initially used Marvelon, which I suspected to worsen the symptoms. I have also developed obesity, which appeared to worsen the HS as well. In 2000, at age 30, I switched from Marvelon to medroxyprogesterone, reason being not having to menstruate anymore, which was rather an ordeal. To my surprise, the symptoms of the Hidradenitis vanished; my skin came nearly completely to rest. My dermatologist didn't know what to think of it, and I haven't read of other people having the same experience as I have. After ten weeks, the HS tends to get active again, which is why I now take the medroxyprogesterone once every ten weeks, instead of the standard twelve weeks. Does anyone have a clue what's going on here? Also: would it be possible for me to take a 75 mg injection every five weeks instead of a 150 mg injection every ten weeks? (The anticontraceptive function of the m.p. is no longer relevant in my case.) The 150 mg dose always drains my energy for three days -rubbery legs, fatigue, general malaise. Maybe 75 mg wouldn't?
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed to people if these side effects are profound. I will be calling my dr for a new antibiotic, and I will NEVER take this "medicine" again!
More reviews for: Depo-provera, Bladder infection
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- I've had all over pain for 4 months, starting with pains in left abdomen, spreading to left leg, upper back, and then right abdomen. MRI's,xrays,blood work all shows normal. Physical activity and stress worsens symptoms. Seen hernia doctor said was normal, Neurologist diagnosed me with high anxiety ...
- Numerous MS symptoms, balance, numbness and tingling (in arms, hands, palm, fingers and thumbs) head, neck and back sweating, heat intolerent, nervousness, brain zapping, vertigo, random and sudden breathing will be blocked, no air in or out block, all toenails have callused nailbeds, brown verticle ...
- Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
- 52 years old.Been on pravastatin 1 month and incurred my first ever urinary tract infection. Have gone thru 4 rounds of antibiotics and still have infection and blood in urine 5 months later. Clears with antibiotic then reoccurs shortly thereafter
More related studies for: Depo-provera, Bladder infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.