Home > Depo-provera > Bone and joint pain > Depo-provera and Bone and joint pain
Review: could Depo-provera cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Topamax, and have Contraception.
We study 9,927 people who have side effects while taking Depo-provera from FDA and social media. Among them, 277 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Depo-provera (latest outcomes from 10,344 users) has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control.
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain (latest reports from 117,673 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 9,927 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera. Among them, 277 people (2.79%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Depo-provera when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||62.04%||11.11%||1.85%||1.85%||6.48%||12.04%||4.63% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Depo-provera * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.40%||12.25%||31.23%||26.88%||20.55%||5.14%||3.56% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Depo-provera ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (81 people, 29.24%)
- Endometriosis (33 people, 11.91%)
- Eczema (10 people, 3.61%)
- Acne (10 people, 3.61%)
- Menorrhagia (7 people, 2.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Topamax (19 people, 6.86%)
- Radiation therapy (17 people, 6.14%)
- Chemotherapeutics nos (17 people, 6.14%)
- Prednisone (16 people, 5.78%)
- Accutane (14 people, 5.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Depo-provera?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Depo-provera
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Headache, and takes Depo-provera)
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-provera shot
- Lately i been having like irritation of itchy and dry vagina i wanted to know if that could be a cause of birth control because i am on the depo shot ... please let me know asap what i should do... th
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Dry, Itchy Feeling And If I Wash It With Soap It Burns/feels Dry, and takes Depo)
I been on the depo since February did not have that symptom till now like 1 1/2 ago
- Does neurontin cause arthritis. after taking it for 3 months, i started ints.
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Joint Pain, and takes Neurontin)
After having sciatic pain for almost a year, a doctor prescribed Neurontin. I took it for 3 months until I started getting severe joint pain. I weened myself off of it a month ago and am still having severe joint pain. There has not been any other changes in my life except Neurontin. Does this go ...
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Headache, Fever, Swollen Fingers, Joint Pain, Muscle Tightness And Pain, and takes Zyvox, Cellcept)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
- Doe taking apple cidar vinegar trigger g6pd
(Asked by a 26 year old man who has Groin Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, and takes Purified Honey, Cinnamon, Apple Cider Vinegar)
We're looking for natural ways to cure the symptoms, and affects of having g6pd. any facts would be helpful. We need to know if these natural remedies will trigger the disease, or improve the condition
More questions for: Depo-provera, Bone and joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
(Posted by a 50 year old man who has Pain - Joints, and takes Cymbalta)
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Medroxyprogesterone suppresses hidradenitis in me.
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Morbid Obesity, Hidradenitis Suppurative)
I am a Dutch woman, 44 years of age. At age 18, I started to develop symmptoms of what later turned out to be Hidradenitis suppurativa. for birth control, I initially used Marvelon, which I suspected to worsen the symptoms. I have also developed obesity, which appeared to worsen the HS as well. In 2 ...
- Xylitol caused joint pain
(Posted by a 1 year old girl who has Joint Pain, and takes Xylitol )
For over a year I was chewing nicotine gum with xylitol. During that period I developed worsening joint pain to the stage where I was diagnosed with fybromyalgia (there was no other explanation for the pain). The chemist changed the brand of 2mg gum and I instantly felt better chewing it. After a ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
More reviews for: Depo-provera, Bone and joint pain
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Brain Surgery. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Plaquenil for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Palindromic Rheumatism. The patient has Fatigue, Fluid In Left Arm And Right Knee, Joint Pain
Comments: have had a swollen arm now for 10 months. Measures 7 cm more than right arm. Now swelling is also in forearm. Have had lymp test for blockages. No blockages found. Now starting to get same symptoms in right knee. have been diagnosed with palandromic rheumatoid for 2 years now. Positive RF 82 IU/ml. ...
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a patient with Spondyloarthropathy. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
Comments: I have been on this medication for6 months with 80mg of cortisteroids 2injections in that time which helped get me over a bad patch but they only last 6to 8 weeks, I'm at the 6week point again but you can only have3per year, so struggling david
More related studies for: Depo-provera, Bone and joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.