Review: could Depo-provera cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paxil, and have Birth control.
We study 9,965 people who have side effects while taking Depo-provera from FDA and social media. Among them, 252 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,380 Depo-provera users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,488 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 9,960 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera. Among them, 252 people (2.53%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Depo-provera when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||61.22%||7.14%||3.06%||8.16%||7.14%||10.20%||3.06% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Depo-provera * :
|Nausea and vomiting||1.72%||0.43%||11.64%||46.12%||23.28%||16.38%||0.43%||0.00% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Depo-provera ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||11.11%||33.33%||44.44%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||42.86%||57.14% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (121 people, 48.02%)
- Menstrual discomfort (28 people, 11.11%)
- Depression (24 people, 9.52%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (20 people, 7.94%)
- Pain (17 people, 6.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (25 people, 9.92%)
- Yaz (24 people, 9.52%)
- Ambien (23 people, 9.13%)
- Nexium (18 people, 7.14%)
- Doxycycline (18 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of depo-provera and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Depo-provera?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Depo-provera
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of side effects of Provera for a 20-year old woman with Amenorrhoea. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar. The patient has Vomiting, Upset Stomach
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Depo-provera related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.