Review: could Depo-provera cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amitriptyline hcl, and have Contraception.
We study 9,940 people who have side effects while taking Depo-provera from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Depo-provera 10,351 users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Sweating - excessive 42,617 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 9,927 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera. Among them, 92 people (0.93%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Depo-provera when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||78.57%||0.00%||7.14%||3.57%||0.00%||7.14%||3.57% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Depo-provera * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||8.24%||38.82%||30.59%||18.82%||0.00%||3.53% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Depo-provera ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (32 people, 34.78%)
- Anxiety (14 people, 15.22%)
- Acne (8 people, 8.70%)
- Pain (8 people, 8.70%)
- Uterine leiomyoma (7 people, 7.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hcl (10 people, 10.87%)
- Simvastatin (8 people, 8.70%)
- Amoxicillin (7 people, 7.61%)
- Paxil (7 people, 7.61%)
- Temazepam (7 people, 7.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
ericka foster (3 years ago):
im on depo now and im sweating like crazy i takes baths daily and use deodareant, it,s crazy how much side effects the injection has.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Depo-provera?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Depo-provera
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Depo-provera, Sweating - excessive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Medroxyprogesterone suppresses hidradenitis in me.
I am a Dutch woman, 44 years of age. At age 18, I started to develop symmptoms of what later turned out to be Hidradenitis suppurativa. for birth control, I initially used Marvelon, which I suspected to worsen the symptoms. I have also developed obesity, which appeared to worsen the HS as well. In 2000, at age 30, I switched from Marvelon to medroxyprogesterone, reason being not having to menstruate anymore, which was rather an ordeal. To my surprise, the symptoms of the Hidradenitis vanished; my skin came nearly completely to rest. My dermatologist didn't know what to think of it, and I haven't read of other people having the same experience as I have. After ten weeks, the HS tends to get active again, which is why I now take the medroxyprogesterone once every ten weeks, instead of the standard twelve weeks. Does anyone have a clue what's going on here? Also: would it be possible for me to take a 75 mg injection every five weeks instead of a 150 mg injection every ten weeks? (The anticontraceptive function of the m.p. is no longer relevant in my case.) The 150 mg dose always drains my energy for three days -rubbery legs, fatigue, general malaise. Maybe 75 mg wouldn't?
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Savella & synthroid hell! (3 responses)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I must bring a towel with me... it overwhelms me! I hate this!!
- Aspirin and sweating
Took Aspirin to relieve headache and body aches associated with some sort of virus that caused gastrointestinal upset, aches and headache. About 1 hour after taking Aspirin I was sweating profusely after 2 hours the sweating stopped with no other apparent ill effects.
More reviews for: Depo-provera, Sweating - excessive
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I sweat within 1/2 hour of taking the medication. If I take the prescribed dose and even if I take extra for breakthrough pain, the same symptoms happen. Some days are worse than others. I am opiate tolerant and have been taking oxycodone for over 5 years.
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- Always had some low back pain and hip click on right side without pain, worsened with Effexor in past few months. Only on right side with knee pain now and crepitus in knee. Thigh pain in right side to knee and now radiating to right ankle (inner) and Achilles. Fatigue worsened and lack motivation ...
- Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- Every Saturday, I take my 100 mg dose earlier than usual (typically 2-3 hours earlier) due to working the Farmer's Markets. We may be under a tent, but it doesn't block out all sun while it is coming up to the high noon position. I am out in the sun for around 5 hours. By then, I have sweated out an ...
More related studies for: Depo-provera, Sweating - excessive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.