Review: could Depo-provera cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amitriptyline hcl, and have Birth control.
We study 9,965 people who have side effects while taking Depo-provera from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 10,380 Depo-provera users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,867 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 9,965 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera. Among them, 92 people (0.92%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Depo-provera when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||78.57%||0.00%||7.14%||3.57%||0.00%||7.14%||3.57% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Depo-provera * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||8.24%||38.82%||30.59%||18.82%||0.00%||3.53% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Depo-provera ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (32 people, 34.78%)
- Anxiety (14 people, 15.22%)
- Acne (8 people, 8.70%)
- Pain (8 people, 8.70%)
- Uterine leiomyoma (7 people, 7.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amitriptyline hcl (10 people, 10.87%)
- Simvastatin (8 people, 8.70%)
- Amoxicillin (7 people, 7.61%)
- Paxil (7 people, 7.61%)
- Temazepam (7 people, 7.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
ericka foster (3 years ago):
im on depo now and im sweating like crazy i takes baths daily and use deodareant, it,s crazy how much side effects the injection has.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Depo-provera and sweating - excessive on
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Depo-provera?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Depo-provera and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Depo-provera
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Provera for a 20-year old woman with Amenorrhoea. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a 25-year old woman with Lupus-like Syndrome. The patient has Bone Pain
Recent Depo-provera related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.