Depo-provera and Syncope - from FDA reports
Syncope is found among people who take Depo-provera, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diazepam, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Syncope with Depo-provera. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,147 people who have side effects when taking Depo-provera from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
12,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Depo-provera.
Among them, 162 people (1.33%) have Syncope
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Depo-provera when people have Syncope *:
- < 1 month: 81.82 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.82 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.27 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Syncope when taking Depo-provera *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Syncope when taking Depo-provera *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 19.47 %
- 20-29: 46.02 %
- 30-39: 17.7 %
- 40-49: 13.27 %
- 50-59: 1.77 %
- 60+: 1.77 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Menstrual Discomfort (6 people, 3.70%)
- Depression (6 people, 3.70%)
- Schizophrenia (5 people, 3.09%)
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding (5 people, 3.09%)
- Sleep Disorder (4 people, 2.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diazepam (6 people, 3.70%)
- Lisinopril (5 people, 3.09%)
- Haldol (5 people, 3.09%)
- Akineton (5 people, 3.09%)
- Imitrex (4 people, 2.47%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (31 people, 19.14%)
- Nausea (28 people, 17.28%)
- Headache (22 people, 13.58%)
- Weakness (20 people, 12.35%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (19 people, 11.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Syncope when taking Depo-provera?
- Check symptoms - is syncope caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSyncope and drugs with ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSyncope and Depo-provera from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depo-provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Depo-provera 13,186 users)
Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 74,773 Syncope patients).
Browse all side effects of Depo-proveraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SyncopeSyncope
Could your condition cause SyncopeSyncope
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My son (age 21) has Spastic Diplegia resulting from premature birth. He has a large "startle response" when surprised and will even insist a companion hold popcorn in movies as he has, on occasion, thrown it in the air when startled. On 2 occasions in the past few years he has passed out in ...
User reviews to the study
After the birth of my only child at age 44 my doctor gave me depo provera injection because he highly recommended it. At "my age" he didnt want me to get pregnant again. that was in 2007 and until the injection was pulled from the market, with no explanation. I then developed a osteoarthritis ...
After taking the shot , I noticed sugar would trigger a faster heart rate and anxiety . I have panic attacks after eating sugar and I'm always able to notice my heart beat which makes me even more notice and yesterday and today I have no appetite