Review: could Detrol la cause Myasthenia gravis?
Summary: Myasthenia gravis is found among people who take Detrol la, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Metoprolol, and have Hypertonic bladder.
We study 8,822 people who have side effects while taking Detrol la from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Myasthenia gravis. Find out below who they are, when they have Myasthenia gravis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Detrol la and have Myasthenia gravis >>>
Detrol la has active ingredients of tolterodine tartrate. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from Detrol la 8,978 users)
Myasthenia gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Myasthenia gravis 2,665 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 8,822 people reported to have side effects when taking Detrol la. Among them, 7 people (0.08%) have Myasthenia Gravis.
Time on Detrol la when people have Myasthenia gravis * :
Gender of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Detrol la * :
|Myasthenia gravis||62.50%||37.50% |
Age of people who have Myasthenia gravis when taking Detrol la * :
|Myasthenia gravis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Myasthenia gravis when taking Detrol la ** :
How people recovered from Myasthenia gravis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertonic bladder (4 people, 57.14%)
- Incontinence (2 people, 28.57%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 28.57%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 14.29%)
- Myasthenia gravis (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol (2 people, 28.57%)
- Warfarin (2 people, 28.57%)
- Nifedipine (2 people, 28.57%)
- Aliskiren (2 people, 28.57%)
- Prednisone (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myasthenia Gravis while taking Detrol La?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Detrol la and have Myasthenia Gravis
- support group for people who take Detrol la
- support group for people who have Myasthenia Gravis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Could the combination of mestinon and robaxin in myasthenia gravis patients be fatal? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Myasthenia Gravis, and takes Robaxin, Mestinon)
My 43 yo daughter, Amy Baker, was diagnosed 8 months ago with Myasthenia Gravis. She was prescribed Mestinon and then Robaxin 750mg. She died in her sleep January 27, 2014. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Side affects of tolterdoine, what can be substitued?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Cramps In Legs, Restless, Especially At Nite, and takes Tolterodine Tartrate)
I have been taking tolterodine 2x a day for several months to control urine
urge. In the past few months I have experienced difficulty in the control and cramps in my legs. In the evening while sitting watching TV I have also become
more restless. My legs are jumpy and I am moving all the time. ...
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Myasthenia Gravis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Imuran, Pyridostigmine Bromide)
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indicat ...
- Can brief use of silver sulfadiazine cream cause severe diarrhea within an hour or 2 of use in an 87 year old man who takes 10 different meds and vitamins?
(Asked by a 88 year old man who has Dementia With Lewy Bodies, Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of Skin, and takes Aricept, Namenda, Plavix, Lipitor, Allopurinol, Detrol, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Jalyn, Vitamin D, Edta)
The patient had surgery to remove a dime-sized squamous cell lesion on his chest as well as a Basel cell lesion on the bridge of his nose. A prescription for Silver Sulfadiazine cream was given.
It was applied on both wounds around 9am. Within 2 hours, he had his first explosion of diarrhea. This c ...
More questions for: Detrol la, Myasthenia gravis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prialt warning this drug is dangerous
(Posted by a 52 year old woman who has Mitochondrial Myopathy, Myasthenia Gravis, and takes Prialt)
THIS DRUG IS DANGEROUS, IT MADE MY NEUROPATHY WORSE. SEVERE HEADACHE, PAIN? HALLUCINATED , WAS HEARING SOUNDS IN MY HEAD. I WAS ON THIS DRUG FOR A FEW WEEKS AND HAVE HAD IT OFF FOR A WEEK NOW AND STILL HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU TRY THIS DRUG, I'M SCARED THE SIDE EFFECTS WONT G ...
More reviews for: Detrol la, Myasthenia gravis
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Vitamin D, Calcium, Tolterodine Tartrate, Doxazosin Mesylate, Lamotrigine, Fosamax for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 1. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration
Comments: Forgetting what everyday things are called several times a day. Also find I am not always typing what I intended so have to reared and sometimes retype things. Mainly just replacing a word with something else and no, this is not an autocorrect situation.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Ranitidine, Detrol La, Klor-con M20, Mevacor, Glucophage, Levothroid, Escitalopram, Aricept for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Overactive Bladder, Potassium - Low, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Overactive Thyroid, Depression, Confusion. The patient has Detrol La, Severe Confusion,no Appetite,imagination Of Unusal Things
Comments: My mom was admitted to a nursing home 2-weeks ago before that she was held over at the hospital 13 days, meds was changed, Aricept removed and Detrol she had a staff MD. her primary care md passed away 3 years ago. He put her on her meds and tooked good care of her. She has not been without a prima ...
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily)
Comments: I took the drug on three occasion and was diagnosed 2 years after ceasing with MG. Had been ill but undisguised for the same period. I think chantix targets the same neurotransmitter that becomes defected with MG
- A study of drug interactions between Evista, Detrol La, Lisinopril, Risperdal, Lamictal for a patient with Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Loss Of Bladder Control, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Low Blood Potassium
Comments: Within 1 month of taking bladder control medication diagnosed with high blood pressure.Switched to Detrol LA but blood pressure was still high. Have been taking blood pressure medicene 4 months. Labwork came back last week showing slightly low level of potassium. Labs are to be rechecked for potassi ...
- A study of drug interactions between Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Mirapex Er, Pristiq, Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine, Folic Acid, B-12, Boniva, Vitamin D, Detrol La, Irbesartan, HCTZ for a patient with Osteoporosis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depressed Mood, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Lipids Abnormal, Calcium Deficiency, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Anemia, Overactive Bladder, Hypertension. The patient has Rash Generalised
Comments: Type of skin rash is unknown but it has continued for many months with occasional but mild itching. Rash is isolated to areas of upper and lower back and first appeared about ten months ago. Rash is extremely persistent but does not appear to "spread". This continuing, long-term, stable condition ...
More related studies for: Detrol la, Myasthenia gravis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.