Home > Dexamethasone > Acute psychosis > Dexamethasone and Acute psychosis
Review: could Dexamethasone cause Acute psychosis?
Summary: Acute psychosis is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Cyclophosphamide, and have Breast cancer.
We study 53,174 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Acute psychosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Acute psychosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Acute psychosis >>>
Dexamethasone (latest outcomes from 53,449 users) has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling.
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) (latest reports from 5,186 patients) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 53,172 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 16 people (0.03%) have Acute Psychosis.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Acute psychosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acute psychosis||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Acute psychosis||62.50%||37.50% |
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Acute psychosis||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||31.25%||25.00%||31.25% |
Severity of Acute psychosis when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Acute psychosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (6 people, 37.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 18.75%)
- Chemotherapy (2 people, 12.50%)
- Bladder cancer (2 people, 12.50%)
- Depression (1 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclophosphamide (5 people, 31.25%)
- Epirubicin (4 people, 25.00%)
- Taxotere (4 people, 25.00%)
- Cisplatin (3 people, 18.75%)
- Docetaxel (3 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acute Psychosis while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Acute Psychosis
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Acute Psychosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Decadron Addiction, and takes Decadron)
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lichenoid Mulositis - Oral Mouth Blisters Since Feb., and takes Dexamethasone)
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can i take acyclovir and cipro together
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Multiple Myloma, and takes Revlimid, Dexamethasone)
can I take cipro for a uti while taking acycovir for shingles
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Acute psychosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I got acute psychosis from 60mg oxycontin
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Acute Psychosis, and takes Oxycontin)
I hate the new oxys with glue! Thanks to big brother! I got off 25 mg of methadone after 2 years and took oxys for two days then took subutex and was fine. then a few days later I took oxys for ten days straight and when I got off I was in psychosis for 3 weeks and ended up in three mental hospitals ...
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Acute psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Depacon, Dexamethasone, Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Acyclovir, Rocephin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Headache, Vomiting, Pain, Meningitis Viral, Meningitis. The patient has Fatigue, Hyperventilation
Comments: Developed symptoms of hyperventation syndrome (need to take frequent deep satisfying deep breaths- not rapid breathing) after hospital stay for flu and possible meningitis. My chest x ray and CBC is normal. One doc tried to tell me this was PTSD/anxiety from post hospitalization. It is not. I am no ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cisplatin, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Neulasta, Neupogen for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Neulasta was used after a 4-day course of VD-PACE (velcade, dexamethasone, doxorubicin, cisplatin, cytoxan, etoposide) to regenerate white blood cells. On day 5 after neulasta I had intense lower back pain in pulsating waves that lasted for 1 day. It was day 8 after treatment VD-PACE ended
4 we ...
- A study of side effects of Dexamethasone for a patient with Lumbar Puncture Abnormal. The patient has Tachycardia Paroxysmal (a form of tachycardia which begins and ends in an acute (or paroxysmal) manner)
Comments: Pulse is down to 114. Feeling very jittery and hyper. Sweating sometimes breath is taken a way when I move about the house. Too 2mg lorazepam. Lumbar puncter approx 11am 11/6/2013. Had lumbar puncture 1 year ago and had much more sevre reaction. Spent to days on the hospital. All docs said they had ...
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Acute Psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour)
Comments: Seizures became more frequent and more generalized, and developed erythema multiforme after being instructed to persevere with Lamotrogine, in spite of developing acute psychosis after stopping and recommencing Lamotrogine in July 2010. This was reported to GSK yet seems not to be included in the d ...
More related studies for: Dexamethasone, Acute psychosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.