Home > Dexamethasone > Back pain > Dexamethasone and Back pain
Review: could Dexamethasone cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 53,174 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,805 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Back pain >>>
Dexamethasone (latest outcomes from 53,449 users) has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling.
Back pain (latest reports from 676,532 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 53,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 1,805 people (3.39%) have Back Pain.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||60.63%||20.56%||12.54%||5.23%||0.70%||0.35%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Back pain||53.50%||46.50% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.70%||0.35%||0.94%||4.40%||18.59%||27.98%||47.04% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (621 people, 34.40%)
- Metastases to bone (221 people, 12.24%)
- Pain (203 people, 11.25%)
- Breast cancer (126 people, 6.98%)
- Prophylaxis (80 people, 4.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (1,000 people, 55.40%)
- Aredia (649 people, 35.96%)
- Aspirin (447 people, 24.76%)
- Oxycontin (407 people, 22.55%)
- Decadron (404 people, 22.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Decadron Addiction, and takes Decadron)
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Had a bloody ejaculate twice lately. only blood. can it be related to cialis and/or ibuprofen?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Back Pain, and takes Ibuprofen, Cialis)
last two ejaculations a week apart resulted in all blood ejaculate. Dark old looking blood, not bright red & fresh. No semen.
Gonna tell my doctor soon. What should I be concerned about. Could it be ralated to ibuprofen or cialis usage?
i dont have any known predisposing conditions.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lichenoid Mulositis - Oral Mouth Blisters Since Feb., and takes Dexamethasone)
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Acyclovir, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Thalomid for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Sudden Memory Loss
Comments: Many other drugs during Velcade weeks
- A study of drug interactions between Vimpat, Dexamethasone for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: twice only
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-12, Norco, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta, Synthroid, Klonopin, Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Food Intolerance, Weight Gain, Regurgitation, Nausea, Burning Stomach, Back Pain
Comments: Is it possible to develop a gluten intolerance from one or a combination of the above medications?
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
More related studies for: Dexamethasone, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.