Review: could Dexamethasone cause Buttock pain?
Summary: Buttock pain is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zantac, and have Breast cancer.
We study 53,177 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Buttock pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Buttock pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Buttock pain >>>
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Dexamethasone 53,452 users)
Buttock pain has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, back pain.(latest reports from Buttock pain 507 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 53,177 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Buttock Pain.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Buttock pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Buttock pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Buttock pain when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Buttock pain||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Buttock pain when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Buttock pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||83.33% |
Severity of Buttock pain when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Buttock pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (2 people, 28.57%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (1 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pain (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zantac (5 people, 71.43%)
- Aranesp (4 people, 57.14%)
- Protonix (4 people, 57.14%)
- Zometa (4 people, 57.14%)
- Taxol (4 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Buttock Pain while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Buttock Pain
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Buttock Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Decadron Addiction, and takes Decadron)
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lichenoid Mulositis - Oral Mouth Blisters Since Feb., and takes Dexamethasone)
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can i take acyclovir and cipro together
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Multiple Myloma, and takes Revlimid, Dexamethasone)
can I take cipro for a uti while taking acycovir for shingles
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Buttock pain
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Buttock pain
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Depacon, Dexamethasone, Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Acyclovir, Rocephin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Headache, Vomiting, Pain, Meningitis Viral, Meningitis. The patient has Fatigue, Hyperventilation
Comments: Developed symptoms of hyperventation syndrome (need to take frequent deep satisfying deep breaths- not rapid breathing) after hospital stay for flu and possible meningitis. My chest x ray and CBC is normal. One doc tried to tell me this was PTSD/anxiety from post hospitalization. It is not. I am no ...
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Niaspan, Lipitor for a patient with Tachycardia, Hyperlipidemia. The patient has Buttock Pain
Comments: The first episode was one year after a hip pinning with a titanium unit. A similar, more severe rash occurred 3 years after the hip fracture. The first time it was treated with Valtrex, the second time with Keflex. Both times, it resolved in 5 days. It looks similar to Baboon Syndrome.
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cisplatin, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Neulasta, Neupogen for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Neulasta was used after a 4-day course of VD-PACE (velcade, dexamethasone, doxorubicin, cisplatin, cytoxan, etoposide) to regenerate white blood cells. On day 5 after neulasta I had intense lower back pain in pulsating waves that lasted for 1 day. It was day 8 after treatment VD-PACE ended
4 we ...
- A study of side effects of Dexamethasone for a patient with Lumbar Puncture Abnormal. The patient has Tachycardia Paroxysmal (a form of tachycardia which begins and ends in an acute (or paroxysmal) manner)
Comments: Pulse is down to 114. Feeling very jittery and hyper. Sweating sometimes breath is taken a way when I move about the house. Too 2mg lorazepam. Lumbar puncter approx 11am 11/6/2013. Had lumbar puncture 1 year ago and had much more sevre reaction. Spent to days on the hospital. All docs said they had ...
More related studies for: Dexamethasone, Buttock pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.