Home > Dexamethasone > Fungal infection > Dexamethasone and Fungal infection
Review: could Dexamethasone cause Fungal infection?
We study 53,172 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 202 have Fungal infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Fungal infection and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Fungal infection >>>
Dexamethasone (latest outcomes from 53,444 users) has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in multiple myeloma.
Fungal infection (latest reports from 62,323 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, birth control.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 53,170 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 202 people (0.38%) have Fungal Infection.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Fungal infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fungal infection||30.77%||56.41%||5.13%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Fungal infection when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Fungal infection||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Fungal infection when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Fungal infection||0.00%||1.95%||11.69%||0.65%||4.55%||9.09%||25.32%||46.75% |
Severity of Fungal infection when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Fungal infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (47 people, 23.27%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (17 people, 8.42%)
- Mantle cell lymphoma (13 people, 6.44%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 5.94%)
- Metastases to bone (12 people, 5.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (43 people, 21.29%)
- Aredia (40 people, 19.80%)
- Velcade (38 people, 18.81%)
- Dexamethasone tab (36 people, 17.82%)
- Methotrexate (32 people, 15.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fungal Infection while taking Dexamethasone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Fungal Infection
- group for people who take Dexamethasone
- group for people who have Fungal Infection
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 hours ago):
Unbalanced confused decreased motability
From this study (2 months ago):
I developed a rash and itching after I finished the medicine, approx., a week later.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Fungal infection
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Fungal infection
On eHealthMe, Dexamethasone (dexamethasone) is often used for swelling. Find out below the conditions Dexamethasone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Dexamethasone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Subclavian Artery Stenosis
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (15 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (32 minutes ago)
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (3 hours ago)
- Vyvanse Shire Development 70mg
- Non Gonococcal (septic) Bacterial Arthritis
- Loose Associations
- Sensory Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal
- Subacute Combined Degeneration Of The Spinal Cord