Review: could Dexamethasone cause High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High blood cholesterol and triglycerides is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 53,185 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 309 have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides >>>
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from 53,461 Dexamethasone users)
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia. (latest reports from 172,043 High blood cholesterol and triglycerides patients)
On Apr, 24, 2015: 53,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 309 people (0.58%) have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||65.52%||3.45%||0.00%||27.59%||3.45%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Dexamethasone * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||54.76%||45.24% |
Age of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Dexamethasone * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.90%||3.58%||2.69%||1.49%||9.85%||17.61%||30.15%||33.73% |
Severity of High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from High blood cholesterol and triglycerides ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (58 people, 18.77%)
- Breast cancer (51 people, 16.50%)
- Pain (51 people, 16.50%)
- Metastases to bone (48 people, 15.53%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 11.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (204 people, 66.02%)
- Aredia (138 people, 44.66%)
- Oxycontin (128 people, 41.42%)
- Decadron (98 people, 31.72%)
- Aspirin (81 people, 26.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a 61-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hypercholesterolemia
- A study of side effects of Dexamethasone for a 49-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Dexamethasone for a 25-year old woman with Swelling. The patient has Double Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Heart Mri, Chf, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Triglycerides
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Dexamethasone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.