Review: could Dexamethasone cause Pancreatic cancer (Pancreatic carcinoma)?
Summary: Pancreatic cancer is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Revlimid, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 53,185 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Pancreatic cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatic cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Pancreatic cancer >>>
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from 53,459 Dexamethasone users)
Pancreatic cancer (pancreatic cancer) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 7,478 Pancreatic cancer patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 53,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 44 people (0.08%) have Pancreatic Cancer.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Pancreatic cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pancreatic cancer||13.33%||13.33%||73.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Pancreatic cancer when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Pancreatic cancer||23.81%||76.19% |
Age of people who have Pancreatic cancer when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Pancreatic cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||27.59%||72.41% |
Severity of Pancreatic cancer when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Pancreatic cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 27.27%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (8 people, 18.18%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma (4 people, 9.09%)
- Nausea (3 people, 6.82%)
- Pain (3 people, 6.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Revlimid (17 people, 38.64%)
- Levaquin (14 people, 31.82%)
- Aredia (14 people, 31.82%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 29.55%)
- Zometa (12 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of dexamethasone and pancreatic cancer on
Do you have Pancreatic Cancer while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Pancreatic Cancer
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Pancreatic Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Dexamethasone for a 65-year old woman with Inflammation Localised. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Omnitrope, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Progesterone, Estradiol, Metformin, Desmopressin Acetate, Dexamethasone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 23-year old woman with Growth Hormone Deficiency, Calcium Deficiency, Vitamin D Decreased, N-a-g, Pituitary Tumour, Insulin Resistance, Adrenal Insufficiency, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Headache, Brain Tumor - Adults, Obesity, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Dexamethasone, Velcade for a 63-year old man with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Levothroid, Dexamethasone, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Pravastatin Sodium, Coreg for a 55-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypothyroidism, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Hbp, Hyperlipidemia. The patient has Nosebleed, Thigh Numbness
- A study of side effects of Dexamethasone for a 32-year old woman with Swelling Of The Face. The patient has Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body)
Recent Dexamethasone related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.