Review: could Dexamethasone cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Revlimid, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 53,177 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 222 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Pancreatitis >>>
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Dexamethasone 53,452 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Pancreatitis 31,685 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 53,177 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 222 people (0.42%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Dexamethasone * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Dexamethasone * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (93 people, 41.89%)
- Prophylaxis (40 people, 18.02%)
- Hypertension (36 people, 16.22%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 9.91%)
- Neoplasm malignant (19 people, 8.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Revlimid (80 people, 36.04%)
- Bactrim (58 people, 26.13%)
- Dexamethasone tab (50 people, 22.52%)
- Thalidomide (48 people, 21.62%)
- Fluconazole (46 people, 20.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms? (1 answer)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don't want to get sicker than i already am!!!! thanks
- Can i take acyclovir and cipro together
can I take cipro for a uti while taking acycovir for shingles
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said the lung cancer was going to cause death anyway so she wouldn't treat large painful DVT because it may cause bleeding, i.e. more harm.
Can anyone tell me if use of warfarin or other blood thinners are less likely used in lung cancer patients? When admitted to Hospicis in Dec I was on Warfarin and continued use for several weeks until Hospicis stopped treatment.
I'm considering leaving Hospicis and returning to my previous doctors. I am significantly improved now from Dec. My oxygen use was 5 lt when admitted to Hospicis and now almost never require oxygen use.
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Pancreatitis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- Developed symptoms of hyperventation syndrome (need to take frequent deep satisfying deep breaths- not rapid breathing) after hospital stay for flu and possible meningitis. My chest x ray and CBC is normal. One doc tried to tell me this was PTSD/anxiety from post hospitalization. It is not. I am no ...
- Neulasta was used after a 4-day course of VD-PACE (velcade, dexamethasone, doxorubicin, cisplatin, cytoxan, etoposide) to regenerate white blood cells. On day 5 after neulasta I had intense lower back pain in pulsating waves that lasted for 1 day. It was day 8 after treatment VD-PACE ended
4 we ...
- I have had chronic pancreatitis for three years and am concerned that the medication Saphris could possibly be hurting me. I have gone on and off t his medication and I'm wondering if I have less symptoms of pancretitis when I do not take this medication
- I had 5 bouts of acute pancreatitis 3-4 years ago and doctors couldn't figure out what caused it so they did the process of illumination which included my gallbladder being removed ... Turns out it was the anti depressants ... I stopped taking them and have been fine ... Last month a new doctor out ...
More related studies for: Dexamethasone, Pancreatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.