Home > Dexamethasone > Perineal pain > Dexamethasone and Perineal pain
Review: could Dexamethasone cause Perineal pain (Groin pain)?
Summary: Perineal pain is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Testis cancer.
We study 53,174 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Perineal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Perineal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Perineal pain >>>
Dexamethasone (latest outcomes from 53,449 users) has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling.
Perineal pain (latest reports from 32,832 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, birth control, osteopenia, pain, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 53,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 78 people (0.15%) have Perineal Pain.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Perineal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Perineal pain||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Perineal pain when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Perineal pain||33.73%||66.27% |
Age of people who have Perineal pain when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Perineal pain||0.00%||1.49%||1.49%||25.37%||20.90%||2.99%||2.99%||44.78% |
Severity of Perineal pain when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Perineal pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Testis cancer (30 people, 38.46%)
- Muscle spasms (14 people, 17.95%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 17.95%)
- Pain (14 people, 17.95%)
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 14.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (34 people, 43.59%)
- Aranesp (31 people, 39.74%)
- Cisplatin (31 people, 39.74%)
- Protonix (31 people, 39.74%)
- Etoposide (29 people, 37.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Perineal Pain while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Perineal Pain
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Perineal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Methods to manage groin pain in parkinsons
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has NULL::character Varying, NULL::character Varying, Parkinson's Disease, Pain - Groin, and takes Ropinirole, Sinemet)
I have been fighting this for 3 years now and medications do not seem to have provided any relief. Meds taken are Sinemet and Ropinerole.
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Decadron Addiction, and takes Decadron)
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lichenoid Mulositis - Oral Mouth Blisters Since Feb., and takes Dexamethasone)
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
(Asked by a 17 year old girl who has Lower Abdominal Pain, Headache, Constipation, and takes Ibuprofen, Miralax)
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I d ...
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Perineal pain
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Perineal pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Vicodin for a patient with Latent Tetany, Neuralgia. The patient has Ear Pain, Constant Thrumming Sound In Ears, Hypersensitivity, Hypersensitivity, Full Body Tetany, Full Body Numbness, Perineal Pain, Penile Pain, Renal Pain
Comments: All of this started after I finished masturbating one night two years ago. Upon climax, I was struck with an instant, excruciating pain in my rectum and scrotum areas. My penis immediately went numb and it felt as though every muscle in my perineum was seized up. I had no control, they would not ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Robaxin, Wellbutrin, Topamax for a patient with Pain - Back, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Groin Pain, Depression, Pain - Back, Numbness And Tingling, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hemiplegic Migraine
Comments: Currently Undiagnosed back pain. Numbness and tingling mostly on left side and groin (some on right) sore feet. History of bipolar and headaches. Doing physical therapy and above medications. Back pain has gotten mildly better in 2+ months of treatment. Currently bad enough cannot work due to pain. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Amoxicillin, Ramipril, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Clopidogrel, Aspirin, Imdur, Amlodipine for a patient with Heart Attack, Diverticulum Intestinal, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Heart Rate Increased, Prinzmetal's Angina, Heart Mri. The patient has Flatulence (flatus), Nausea, Groin Pain, Prinzmetal Angina, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Facial Spasm, Constipation, Diverticular Perforation
Comments: had 3 stents 2 right with complete heart block and one left artery:fitted in June 2013 then Diverticulosis in October 2013. Heart problems recurred 2 further stents fitted in February 2014 and diagnosed prinzmetal angina. Had hysterectomy, bowel and bladder repair in 2000. Gaul bladder removed in 20 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Depacon, Dexamethasone, Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Acyclovir, Rocephin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Headache, Vomiting, Pain, Meningitis Viral, Meningitis. The patient has Fatigue, Hyperventilation
Comments: Developed symptoms of hyperventation syndrome (need to take frequent deep satisfying deep breaths- not rapid breathing) after hospital stay for flu and possible meningitis. My chest x ray and CBC is normal. One doc tried to tell me this was PTSD/anxiety from post hospitalization. It is not. I am no ...
More related studies for: Dexamethasone, Perineal pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.