Review: could Dexamethasone cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 53,177 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,004 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Dexamethasone 53,452 users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary Tract Infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Urinary Tract Infection 71,618 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 53,177 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 1,068 people (2.01%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||66.82%||24.30%||4.21%||3.74%||0.93%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Urinary tract infection||65.59%||34.41% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Dexamethasone * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.60%||0.43%||0.26%||0.43%||0.77%||11.39%||22.00%||64.13% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (440 people, 41.20%)
- Metastases to bone (103 people, 9.64%)
- Breast cancer (100 people, 9.36%)
- Pain (88 people, 8.24%)
- Constipation (68 people, 6.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (445 people, 41.67%)
- Aspirin (315 people, 29.49%)
- Aredia (315 people, 29.49%)
- Revlimid (304 people, 28.46%)
- Prednisone (218 people, 20.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections (1 answer)
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Decadron Addiction, and takes Decadron)
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lichenoid Mulositis - Oral Mouth Blisters Since Feb., and takes Dexamethasone)
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can i take acyclovir and cipro together
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Multiple Myloma, and takes Revlimid, Dexamethasone)
can I take cipro for a uti while taking acycovir for shingles
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Temporary amnesia from uti
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won' ...
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Urinary tract infection
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Quinine Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Gabapentin for a patient with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Neuropathic Pain, Coccydynia. The patient has Eye Pain, Frequent Headaches, Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Uti
Comments: Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: 52 years old.Been on pravastatin 1 month and incurred my first ever urinary tract infection. Have gone thru 4 rounds of antibiotics and still have infection and blood in urine 5 months later. Clears with antibiotic then reoccurs shortly thereafter
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Sulfamethoxazole for a patient with Blood Clots, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: patient admitted to hospital with fractured pelvis, week later developed urinary infection. using heavy morphine for pain. what interactions could the sufamethoxazole and morphine have. patient seemingly in a morphuine induced coma.
More related studies for: Dexamethasone, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.