Review: could Dexamethasone cause Urticaria?
Summary: Urticaria is found among people who take Dexamethasone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Revlimid, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 53,177 people who have side effects while taking Dexamethasone from FDA and social media. Among them, 260 have Urticaria. Find out below who they are, when they have Urticaria and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Urticaria >>>
Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Dexamethasone 53,452 users)
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.(latest reports from Urticaria 51,791 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 53,177 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexamethasone. Among them, 260 people (0.49%) have Urticaria.
Time on Dexamethasone when people have Urticaria * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Urticaria when taking Dexamethasone * :
Age of people who have Urticaria when taking Dexamethasone * :
Severity of Urticaria when taking Dexamethasone ** :
How people recovered from Urticaria ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (61 people, 23.46%)
- Chemotherapy (16 people, 6.15%)
- Breast cancer (14 people, 5.38%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (9 people, 3.46%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 3.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Revlimid (40 people, 15.38%)
- Dexamethasone tab (32 people, 12.31%)
- Zofran (30 people, 11.54%)
- Benadryl (29 people, 11.15%)
- Cyclophosphamide (28 people, 10.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urticaria while taking Dexamethasone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone and have Urticaria
- support group for people who take Dexamethasone
- support group for people who have Urticaria
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to combat side effects of decadron?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Decadron Addiction, and takes Decadron)
I was diagnosed with Neurocystercircosis, with edemas, due to parasites from a tape worm. Been on and off Decadron for 5 months and every time I get off of it, I end up with brain swelling and in the emergency room, and back to high dosage Decadron.
- Lichennoid molositis drug reacation to rutuxin - 17 specialists and no relief
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lichenoid Mulositis - Oral Mouth Blisters Since Feb., and takes Dexamethasone)
HELP...EVERYTHING TRIED FROM 17 SPECIALISTS ORAL MOUTH BLISTERS, SORES,ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT OF MOUTH BY GUM LINE...NO SOLD FOODS SINCE
FEB. LAST DOSE OF RUTUXIN....ANYONE OUT THERE AVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can i take acyclovir and cipro together
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Multiple Myloma, and takes Revlimid, Dexamethasone)
can I take cipro for a uti while taking acycovir for shingles
- Treatment for a dvt in person with lung cancer
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, DVT, and takes Dexamethasone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Reglan, Klonopin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Vitamin D)
Have contracted a large painful DVT in groin thru calf. Hospicis doctor will only administer Aspirin 325 mg. what I have researched does this not address dissolving clot. Hospicis doctor told me the tumor lung cancer was more likely to bleed with treatment to dissolve clot. She was negative and said ...
More questions for: Dexamethasone, Urticaria
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness (1 response)
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, Loss Of Libido, Depressed Mood, Nausea, Visual Disturbance, Urticaria, Obstipation, and takes Morphine)
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Dexamethasone, Urticaria
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Betamethasone Valerate, Lansoprazole for a patient with Lichen Planus, Hiatus Hernia. The patient has Urticaria, Lipoma
Comments: I have several areas of Lipoma (quite large bumps up to 6cm x 2cm in area) on my arms legs and torso. When pressed or rubbed gently an itchy rash appears on and around the bumps for up to an hour if the pressure is removed but can persist. The rash disappears spontainiously in time without treatment ...
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Depacon, Dexamethasone, Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Acyclovir, Rocephin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Headache, Vomiting, Pain, Meningitis Viral, Meningitis. The patient has Fatigue, Hyperventilation
Comments: Developed symptoms of hyperventation syndrome (need to take frequent deep satisfying deep breaths- not rapid breathing) after hospital stay for flu and possible meningitis. My chest x ray and CBC is normal. One doc tried to tell me this was PTSD/anxiety from post hospitalization. It is not. I am no ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cytoxan, Etoposide, Doxorubicin Hydrochloride, Cisplatin, Dexamethasone, Velcade, Neulasta, Neupogen for a patient with Multiple Myeloma, Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: Neulasta was used after a 4-day course of VD-PACE (velcade, dexamethasone, doxorubicin, cisplatin, cytoxan, etoposide) to regenerate white blood cells. On day 5 after neulasta I had intense lower back pain in pulsating waves that lasted for 1 day. It was day 8 after treatment VD-PACE ended
4 we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Colace, Multivitamin, Glipizide, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Stool Softener Needs, Nutritional Support, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension. The patient has Urticaria
Comments: hives for 8 months, usually appear after sleeping 2 hours under the warm covers, appear on bottom of feet to top of head. If I take benadryl and zyrtec prior to going to bed, I do not have the hives. Hives are preceeded by intense heartburn.
More related studies for: Dexamethasone, Urticaria
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.