Review: could Dexilant cause Bloating (Abdominal bloating)?
Summary: Bloating is found among people who take Dexilant, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Multivitamin, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
We study 1,328 people who have side effects while taking Dexilant from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Bloating. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloating and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Dexilant and have Bloating >>>
Dexilant has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 1,560 Dexilant users)
Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, birth control. (latest reports from 527 Bloating patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 1,327 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexilant. Among them, 6 people (0.45%) have Bloating.
Time on Dexilant when people have Bloating * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Bloating when taking Dexilant * :
Age of people who have Bloating when taking Dexilant * :
Severity of Bloating when taking Dexilant ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Bloating ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gerd (2 people, 33.33%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 33.33%)
- Bronchial asthma (1 people, 16.67%)
- Sleep disorder due to general medical condition, insomnia type (1 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis post-menopausal (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Xanax (2 people, 33.33%)
- Calcium (2 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pramipexole dihydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of dexilant and bloating on
Do you have Bloating while taking Dexilant?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Dexilant and have Bloating
- support group for people who take Dexilant
- support group for people who have Bloating
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Dexilant for a 69-year old man with GERD. The patient has Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Dexilant for a 72-year old man with GE Reflux. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vascepa, Plavix, Tamsulosin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Dexilant, Crestor, Bystolic for a 61-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol, Urine Output Decreased, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Blindness
Recent Dexilant related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.