Review: could Dexilant cause Bloating (Abdominal bloating)?
Summary: Bloating is found among people who take Dexilant, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Multivitamin, and have Gerd.
We study 1,306 people who have side effects while taking Dexilant from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Bloating. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloating and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexilant and have Bloating >>>
Dexilant has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Dexilant 1,541 users)
Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, birth control.(latest reports from Bloating 298 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,306 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexilant. Among them, 6 people (0.46%) have Bloating.
Time on Dexilant when people have Bloating * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Bloating when taking Dexilant * :
Age of people who have Bloating when taking Dexilant * :
Severity of Bloating when taking Dexilant ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Bloating ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gerd (2 people, 33.33%)
- Muscle spasms (2 people, 33.33%)
- Bronchial asthma (1 people, 16.67%)
- Sleep disorder due to general medical condition, insomnia type (1 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis post-menopausal (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multivitamin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Xanax (2 people, 33.33%)
- Calcium (2 people, 33.33%)
- Clonazepam (1 people, 16.67%)
- Pramipexole dihydrochloride (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloating while taking Dexilant?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexilant and have Bloating
- support group for people who take Dexilant
- support group for people who have Bloating
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my symptom. I never had a problem with my stomach before the removal of gallbladder. I have celiac, and I follow a strict gluten-free diet. If anyone can share some insight on why I would have these symptoms, it would greatly be appreciated.
- Is it ok to take celebrex while on dexilant?
I'm required to take Dexilant for one month and I suddenly have dysmenorrhea.
- Have been on dexilant for 5 months, have diarhea the last 3 months. can any one tell me that if i stop taking this my problem will go away or do i have amore serious problem now
Dr. tells me that dexilant shouldn,t be the cause of my diarhea, yet every thing I see here says it is. She just gave me a prescription for 90 days. Am worried about useing this. Has anyone just stopped use of it with no problems?
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- Dexilant and hair loss
About three months after starting Dexilant I have noticed hair loss/ shedding type symptoms. I am not taking any other new medications. I plan to discuss this with my doctor. I don't think I am anemic or have any other medical condition that would cause this. Hair loss is not listed as a side effect to this drug. Please help.
More questions for: Dexilant, Bloating
More reviews for: Dexilant, Bloating
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I take 60 of the Adderall XR a day. I have stomach bloating and gas and have been diagnosed via a blood test that I have celiac disease. I have tried to eat a gluten-free diet but find it expensive and time consuming. Some days are better than others but most days I feel bloated and cannot stand any ...
- I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- I have IBS and have had bloating and gas pain in the past, but I'm taking Linzess which has kept it under control. I started taking Lefunomide 20 mg and within 12 hrs I had a severe case of gas pain and bloating that I couldn't get to go away and has lingered for 3 days
- It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Dexilant, Bloating
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.