Review: could Dexilant cause Sleepiness - during the day (Drowsiness)?
Summary: Sleepiness - during the day is found among people who take Dexilant, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Crestor, and have Hypertension.
We study 1,306 people who have side effects while taking Dexilant from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Sleepiness - during the day. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness - during the day and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexilant and have Sleepiness - during the day >>>
Dexilant has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Dexilant 1,541 users)
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Sleepiness - during the day 68,688 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 1,306 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexilant. Among them, 18 people (1.38%) have Sleepiness - During The Day.
Time on Dexilant when people have Sleepiness - during the day * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Dexilant * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Dexilant * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||14.29%||35.71%||42.86% |
Severity of Sleepiness - during the day when taking Dexilant ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sleepiness - during the day ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (8 people, 44.44%)
- Depression (7 people, 38.89%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 33.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 27.78%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 27.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (4 people, 22.22%)
- Cymbalta (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 16.67%)
- Benadryl (3 people, 16.67%)
- Pradaxa (3 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness - During The Day while taking Dexilant?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexilant and have Sleepiness - During The Day
- support group for people who take Dexilant
- support group for people who have Sleepiness - During The Day
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What are the side effects of catuaba/golden trumpet? is it truly for man only? does it really help with physical and mental fatigue?
(Asked by a 48 year old man who has Physical Fatigue, Poor Memory, Sleepiness - During The Day)
On going, gradual forgetfulness for over 10 years. Concentration is moderate,but memory is very poor. Day time sleepiness is always an issue. No brain tumor, no dementia,nor any other neurological dysfunctions.
- Is it ok to take celebrex while on dexilant?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Dysmenorrhea, and takes Dexilant)
I'm required to take Dexilant for one month and I suddenly have dysmenorrhea.
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Have been on dexilant for 5 months, have diarhea the last 3 months. can any one tell me that if i stop taking this my problem will go away or do i have amore serious problem now
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Gastritus, and takes Dexilant)
Dr. tells me that dexilant shouldn,t be the cause of my diarhea, yet every thing I see here says it is. She just gave me a prescription for 90 days. Am worried about useing this. Has anyone just stopped use of it with no problems?
- Dexilant and hair loss
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has GE Reflux, and takes Dexilant)
About three months after starting Dexilant I have noticed hair loss/ shedding type symptoms. I am not taking any other new medications. I plan to discuss this with my doctor. I don't think I am anemic or have any other medical condition that would cause this. Hair loss is not listed as a side effect ...
More questions for: Dexilant, Sleepiness - during the day
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Dexilant, Sleepiness - during the day
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin E, Milk Thistle, Dexilant, Losartan Potassium, Hydroxyzine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol, Panic Attack, Depression. The patient has Hives Rash Itching
Comments: I started on Bupropion, three weeks after I developed a severe rash. I stopped for two weeks, back on burpropion, two days after I started rash came back, very severe. I have liver disease in one month my enzymes went double. I don't know if that happened because of the rash or has nothing to due be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prochlorperazine Maleate, Sertraline for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Depression. The patient has Drowsiness
Comments: Only started taking Prochlorperazine Maleate within the last month & have been experiencing severe Drowsiness which has been impacting my ability to work (Office) effectively. Suffering disorientation & vision issues (focussing).
I have a Doctors apppointment arranged for this Friday to discuss.
More related studies for: Dexilant, Sleepiness - during the day
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.