Home > Dexilant > Sleepiness - during the day > Dexilant and Sleepiness - during the day
Review: could Dexilant cause Sleepiness - during the day (Drowsiness)?
Summary: Sleepiness - during the day is found among people who take Dexilant, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Crestor, and have Hypertension.
We study 1,301 people who have side effects while taking Dexilant from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Sleepiness - during the day. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness - during the day and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexilant and have Sleepiness - during the day >>>
Dexilant (latest outcomes from 1,535 users) has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) (latest reports from 494,636 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 1,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexilant. Among them, 18 people (1.38%) have Sleepiness - During The Day.
Time on Dexilant when people have Sleepiness - during the day * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Dexilant * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Dexilant * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||14.29%||35.71%||42.86% |
Severity of Sleepiness - during the day when taking Dexilant ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sleepiness - during the day ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (8 people, 44.44%)
- Depression (7 people, 38.89%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 33.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 27.78%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 27.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (4 people, 22.22%)
- Cymbalta (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 16.67%)
- Benadryl (3 people, 16.67%)
- Pradaxa (3 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness - During The Day while taking Dexilant?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexilant and have Sleepiness - During The Day
- support group for people who take Dexilant
- support group for people who have Sleepiness - During The Day
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Have been on dexilant for 5 months, have diarhea the last 3 months. can any one tell me that if i stop taking this my problem will go away or do i have amore serious problem now
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Gastritus, and takes Dexilant)
Dr. tells me that dexilant shouldn,t be the cause of my diarhea, yet every thing I see here says it is. She just gave me a prescription for 90 days. Am worried about useing this. Has anyone just stopped use of it with no problems?
- Dexilant and hair loss
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has GE Reflux, and takes Dexilant)
About three months after starting Dexilant I have noticed hair loss/ shedding type symptoms. I am not taking any other new medications. I plan to discuss this with my doctor. I don't think I am anemic or have any other medical condition that would cause this. Hair loss is not listed as a side effect ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
More questions for: Dexilant, Sleepiness - during the day
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Gabapentin made me comatose
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Somnolence, and takes Neurontin, Gabapentin)
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Drowsiness, Diarrhoea, Alcohol Use, and takes Gemfibrozil)
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Dexilant, Sleepiness - during the day
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of side effects of Dexilant for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Fever Blister (intraoral hsv stomatitis)
Comments: very severe like i have 8 blisters on top lip and 4 on bottom lip
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a patient with Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, Gerd, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: irritability and lack of patience with myself
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Valacyclovir, Revlimid, Dexilant for a patient with Shingles, Amyloidosis, Acid Reflux. The patient has Abdominal Cramps
Comments: After one pill of Dexilant 60 mg, I experienced bad abdominal cramps. I took it for a week and had bad cramps every day. I stopped taking it and the cramps disappeared within one day.
More related studies for: Dexilant, Sleepiness - during the day
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.