Review: could Dexilant cause Stomach pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,276 people who take Dexilant. Among them, 44 have Stomach pain. See who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Dexilant (latest outcomes from 1,484 users) has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease, reflux gastritis. Commonly reported side effects of Dexilant include nausea aggravated, nausea, diarrhea, diarrhoea aggravated, pain exacerbated.
Stomach pain (latest reports from 611,327 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 1,045 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexilant. Among them, 42 people (4.02%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Dexilant when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||53.33%||13.33%||0.00%||6.67%||20.00%||0.00%||6.67% |
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Dexilant * :
|Stomach pain||88.89%||11.11% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Dexilant * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.44%||2.22%||24.44%||28.89%||40.00% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Dexilant ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||60.00%||30.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||25.00%||12.50%||62.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (16 people, 38.10%)
- Pain (10 people, 23.81%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 21.43%)
- Crohn's disease (8 people, 19.05%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (12 people, 28.57%)
- Vitamin d (7 people, 16.67%)
- Xanax (7 people, 16.67%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 16.67%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Dexilant, Stomach pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) is often used for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions Dexilant is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Dexilant used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Dexilant side effects from A to Z:
Browse Dexilant drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Been going on for about 1 week. No insurance so I can't go to doctor right now. Did recently recover from strep throat, by using Amoxicillin. I also drank grapefruit juice and orange juice while sick, while taking all above medications. Any suggestions?
From this study (6 months ago):
I am a 60 year old with GERDS post Nissan Fundoplication and still suffer from extreme regurgitation with aspiration into the bronchial tubes and lungs. The abdominal pain, bloating and weight gain increase the symptoms especially at night and early morning. I wake due to Hypoxia, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and Restless leg syndrome, needless to say I am at my wits end
From this study (12 months ago):
Was on citalopram for at least 5 years switched to Cymbalta for over a year. Added Trazadone 2 timesaver fall approached for SAD. After adding the Trazadone for 1 month developed stomach pain and hiatal hernia. Also took pantoprazole am and pm for several years. Stopped Cymbalta and trazadone 2 months added Pantoprazole and stomach began to heal. Started citalopram and within a month stomach pain returned. Also have been susceptible to many ailments, colds, sinusitis, eye infections, chronic bladder infections, etc. I have asthma.
Raj on Apr, 15, 2013:
I have been on Cipramil on and off for 10 years & when I first took it for depression it ran my body down within a month then figured out it gave me Fibromyalgia & now after years being on and off it Im sure it reduces my immune system so I combat it with Vitman C therapy intravenously which is excellent but you have to cut all the junk out of your diet. While on cipramil I cant do any major excersise programs but have beaten fibromyalgia when Im good on my diet and def. no alcohol. I also when pick up every bug under the sun but with the vitamin c therapy this is my saviour.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How to get relief from sphincter of odi disfunction
I have been diagnosed with SOD for 18 months and am trying to get relief without surgery,Can someone give me some tips on how to relieve the pain.Did any one take any medication which helped .I am thinking of asking for muscle relaxation medication.
- Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
- What are the weird pains in my belly
I've had this weird belly pain for the past few days now, I've been taking co codamol for a while now which doesn't seem to help, I can't explain the feeling of pain I've never had this before. I thought it was just because I needed a number 2 but that didn't help either :/
More questions for: Dexilant, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Dexilant, Stomach pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant, Lisinopril for a patient with Vitamin D, Energy Increased, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Anxiety And Stress, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Dehydration, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Migraine - Classic (Migraine with aura), Diarrhea, Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Asparatate Chelated Minerals, Multivitamin, Calcium D - Glucarate, Xopenex Hfa, Clonazepam, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Advair Diskus 500/50, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Montelukast Sodium, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Methylprednisolone, Dexilant, Lunesta for a patient with General Physical Condition, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal, Bronchial Asthma, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Restless Leg Syndrome, Allery, Gerds, Allergy Prophylaxis, Herpes Dermatitis, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Gerd. The patient has Weight Increased, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Prevacid, Dexilant for a patient with Essential Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Stomach Pain. The patient has Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Immune System Disorder
More related studies for: Dexilant, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.