Review: could Dexilant cause Ulcerative colitis?
Summary: Ulcerative colitis is reported only by a few people who take Dexilant.
We study 1,306 people who have side effects while taking Dexilant from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Ulcerative colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Ulcerative colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexilant and have Ulcerative colitis >>>
Dexilant has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Dexilant 1,541 users)
Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine) has been reported by people with acne, acne cystic, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Ulcerative colitis 21,793 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 1,306 people reported to have side effects when taking Dexilant. Among them, 2 people (0.15%) have Ulcerative Colitis.
Time on Dexilant when people have Ulcerative colitis * :
Gender of people who have Ulcerative colitis when taking Dexilant * :
|Ulcerative colitis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ulcerative colitis when taking Dexilant * :
|Ulcerative colitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Ulcerative colitis when taking Dexilant ** :
How people recovered from Ulcerative colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar i disorder (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cardizem cd (2 people, 100.00%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 100.00%)
- Lamictal (2 people, 100.00%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ulcerative Colitis while taking Dexilant?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dexilant and have Ulcerative Colitis
- support group for people who take Dexilant
- support group for people who have Ulcerative Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it ok to take celebrex while on dexilant?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Dysmenorrhea, and takes Dexilant)
I'm required to take Dexilant for one month and I suddenly have dysmenorrhea.
- Have been on dexilant for 5 months, have diarhea the last 3 months. can any one tell me that if i stop taking this my problem will go away or do i have amore serious problem now
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Gastritus, and takes Dexilant)
Dr. tells me that dexilant shouldn,t be the cause of my diarhea, yet every thing I see here says it is. She just gave me a prescription for 90 days. Am worried about useing this. Has anyone just stopped use of it with no problems?
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- 20 year old male with ulcerative colitis, safe to take oxandrolone?
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Oxandrolone)
20 year old male
weight lost from ulcerative colitis
thinking to use oxandrolone in remission to gain weight and strength back
doctor has prescribed long term use of mesalamine
- Dexilant and hair loss
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has GE Reflux, and takes Dexilant)
About three months after starting Dexilant I have noticed hair loss/ shedding type symptoms. I am not taking any other new medications. I plan to discuss this with my doctor. I don't think I am anemic or have any other medical condition that would cause this. Hair loss is not listed as a side effect ...
More questions for: Dexilant, Ulcerative colitis
More reviews for: Dexilant, Ulcerative colitis
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin E, Milk Thistle, Dexilant, Losartan Potassium, Hydroxyzine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol, Panic Attack, Depression. The patient has Hives Rash Itching
Comments: I started on Bupropion, three weeks after I developed a severe rash. I stopped for two weeks, back on burpropion, two days after I started rash came back, very severe. I have liver disease in one month my enzymes went double. I don't know if that happened because of the rash or has nothing to due be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tylenol, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Methotrexate, Zetia, Livalo, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Multivitamin, Folic Acid, Ranitidine, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypothyroidism, Supplement, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Depression. The patient has Sweating Fever, Fever, Fatigue - Chronic, Joint Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling Of A Joint, Intractable Pain
Comments: I've been diagnosed with sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis. I have only tested minimally positive on the anti-CCP test and had a slightly high SED rate. My most recent tests showed some slight elevation in some RA marker tests, but nothing really significant. My rheumatologist is now doubting wheth ...
More related studies for: Dexilant, Ulcerative colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.