Home > Diamox > Deafness > Diamox and Deafness
Review: could Diamox cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
We study 1,901 people who have side effects while taking Diamox from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diamox and have Deafness >>>
Diamox (latest outcomes from 2,048 users) has active ingredients of acetazolamide. It is often used in pseudotumor cerebri.
Deafness (latest reports from 57,948 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 1,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Diamox. Among them, 10 people (0.53%) have Deafness.
Time on Diamox when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Diamox * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Diamox * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Diamox ** :
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lung disorder (2 people, 20.00%)
- Cataract extraction (1 people, 10.00%)
- Mountain sickness acute (1 people, 10.00%)
- Macular oedema (1 people, 10.00%)
- Glaucoma (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (3 people, 30.00%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lidoderm (2 people, 20.00%)
- Diamox src (2 people, 20.00%)
- Soma (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deafness while taking Diamox?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diamox and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Diamox
- support group for people who have Deafness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slowly and was off of diamox for a period of 3 months, my WBC and platelts counts returned to normal. I have to be on diamox now for papilledema, pseudo tumor cerebi since Topomax did not work for me. I lsot the weight I needed to control the pressure, however, at the dosage needed, I could not teolerate it so I had to go to Diamox until I get more weight off to resolve pseudo tumor cerebri.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Going blind and nothing seems to be helping
kss40 on Oct, 4, 2014:
What do u mean going blind? Do u have RP and CME that is why u r on Diamox? U neec someone to talk to?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can dengue feve cause hearing loss?
In Nov 2007 I contracted Dungue and sometime inn 2008 I lost my (L)hearing, just wanted to know if the 2 are linked.
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer?
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away?
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antib ...
More questions for: Diamox, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zetia causes deafness
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Isoniazid and deafness
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have ha ...
More reviews for: Diamox, Deafness
On eHealthMe, Diamox (acetazolamide) is often used for pseudotumor cerebri. Find out below the conditions Diamox is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Diamox used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (9 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (20 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (10 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (21 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- American Mullein
- Subdural Haematoma
- Weight Gain Unintentional
- Coffea Robusta
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride