Home > Diamox > Deafness > Diamox and Deafness
Review: could Diamox cause Deafness (Hearing loss)?
Summary: Deafness is found among people who take Diamox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Acetylsalicylic acid srt, and have Lung disorder.
We study 1,902 people who have side effects while taking Diamox from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Deafness. Find out below who they are, when they have Deafness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diamox and have Deafness >>>
Diamox (latest outcomes from 2,048 users) has active ingredients of acetazolamide. It is often used in pseudotumor cerebri.
Deafness (latest reports from 10,219 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 1,902 people reported to have side effects when taking Diamox. Among them, 10 people (0.53%) have Deafness.
Time on Diamox when people have Deafness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Diamox * :
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Diamox * :
Severity of Deafness when taking Diamox ** :
How people recovered from Deafness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lung disorder (2 people, 20.00%)
- Cataract extraction (1 people, 10.00%)
- Mountain sickness acute (1 people, 10.00%)
- Macular oedema (1 people, 10.00%)
- Glaucoma (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (3 people, 30.00%)
- Hydrocodone bitartrate (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lidoderm (2 people, 20.00%)
- Diamox src (2 people, 20.00%)
- Soma (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Deafness while taking Diamox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diamox and have Deafness
- support group for people who take Diamox
- support group for people who have Deafness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can dengue feve cause hearing loss?
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has Hearing Loss)
In Nov 2007 I contracted Dungue and sometime inn 2008 I lost my (L)hearing, just wanted to know if the 2 are linked.
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has RSD, Chronic Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Excessive Sleepiness, Stabbing Scapular Pain, and takes Ketamine Hydrochloride, Acetazolamide, Fentanyl, Advil Liqui-gels, Gabapentin)
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Ear Infection, Fluid In Middle Ear, Decreased Hearing, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Headache - Cluster, Nausea, and takes Amoxicillin)
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antib ...
- If your daughter had 3.6mm fibroadenoma would you have it removed?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Intractable Seizure Disorder, Mental Retardation, Cerebral Palsy, Osteoporosis, Fibroadenoma, and takes Depakote, Carbatrol, Klonopin, Acetazolamide, Calcium)
My daughter is 27 yrs. old on a 2 yr old level. She is on Depo Provera inj. to "stop" that time of month due to the seizures that are promoted from the hormone changes. When she was 16 yrs. old she had a 5 lumps in her breast and we thought that the injection was a problem. We took a "holiday" from ...
- Is there the correlation of hearing loss with use of escitalopram 20 mg
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Hearing Loss, and takes Escitalopram, Buspirone Hcl)
My 18 year old son has just been found to have mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears. Could it be caused by a Rx and will his hearing return if he stops taking the medication???
More questions for: Diamox, Deafness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zetia causes deafness
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Deafness, and takes Zetia)
Took for two weeks and now have complete deafness. This was back in 2012.
- Isoniazid and deafness
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Hearing Loss, and takes Isoniazid)
As a young girl I was put on Isoniazid, I didn't put 2 and 2 together but after taking the inh I started loosing my hearing to the point I'm completely deaf in my left ear. I have found a few people having report that they lost their hearing also. I'm just curious as to about how many people have ha ...
More reviews for: Diamox, Deafness
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diamox for a patient with Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Risperdal, Xanax, Klonopin, Lamictal, Viibryd for a patient with Bipolar 2, Mania, Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a patient with Lyme Disease - Secondary Or Stage 2. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: 05/26/14: Having reached a plateau in discernible improvements after taking ceftriaxone IVs (2gm BID 3 days/week via port for 33 out of 38 weeks), I halted treatment two weeks ago. Still have a high degree of annoying tinnitus in both ears and a marked reduction in hearing.
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Naproxen for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Hearing, Dizziness, Facial Neuralgia
Comments: I had sudden reduction in hearing around 6 months ago and intermittent bouts of dizziness.
For the past two weeks I've had increasing dizzy spells and have also developed intermittent facial neuralgia, to the top of my cheek and up to my forehead. First this was on the left but yesterday started ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Succinate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Neurontin, Topamax, Remicade for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Nerve Pain, Migraine, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Shingles, Pain - Neck, Low Back Pain, Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Pain - Joints, Loss For Words, Short-term Memory Loss, Loss Of Hearing, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sensation Of Heaviness, Dizziness, Tingling In Knees, Fumbling, Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and ...
More related studies for: Diamox, Deafness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.