Review: could Diamox cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Diamox, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Diamox src, and have Trismus.
We study 1,902 people who have side effects while taking Diamox from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diamox and have Pancreatitis >>>
Diamox has active ingredients of acetazolamide. It is often used in pseudotumor cerebri. (latest outcomes from Diamox 2,048 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Pancreatitis 31,685 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 1,902 people reported to have side effects when taking Diamox. Among them, 27 people (1.42%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Diamox when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Diamox * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Diamox * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Diamox ** :
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Trismus (17 people, 62.96%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 62.96%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (6 people, 22.22%)
- Deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis (2 people, 7.41%)
- Rash (1 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diamox src (24 people, 88.89%)
- Coumadin (22 people, 81.48%)
- Lisinopril (21 people, 77.78%)
- Omeprazole (21 people, 77.78%)
- Lasix (19 people, 70.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Diamox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diamox and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Diamox
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Diamox, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
More reviews for: Diamox, Pancreatitis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- Last June my right lower back itched severely. Thought it was going to be Shingles, which I have had before. No shingles. Spread to left side. Up my back. Now the worst itching, constant and warm, is my breasts. Can this be medication related? Nothing has changed in medication for 8 to 10 ye ...
- I have had chronic pancreatitis for three years and am concerned that the medication Saphris could possibly be hurting me. I have gone on and off t his medication and I'm wondering if I have less symptoms of pancretitis when I do not take this medication
- I had 5 bouts of acute pancreatitis 3-4 years ago and doctors couldn't figure out what caused it so they did the process of illumination which included my gallbladder being removed ... Turns out it was the anti depressants ... I stopped taking them and have been fine ... Last month a new doctor out ...
- I have Crohn's and had pancreatitis 10 years ago. I recently started taking Gabapentin two weeks ago and my doc upped the dose a few days ago. I am now feeling the same symptoms that I had when I was diagnosed with pancreatitis. I have not had a blood test done yet to confirm it.
More related studies for: Diamox, Pancreatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.