Home > Diamox > Pancreatitis > Diamox and Pancreatitis
Review: could Diamox cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Diamox, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Diamox src, and have Trismus.
We study 1,902 people who have side effects while taking Diamox from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diamox and have Pancreatitis >>>
Diamox (latest outcomes from 2,048 users) has active ingredients of acetazolamide. It is often used in pseudotumor cerebri.
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 197,653 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 1,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Diamox. Among them, 27 people (1.42%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Diamox when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Diamox * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Diamox * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Diamox ** :
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Trismus (17 people, 62.96%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 62.96%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (6 people, 22.22%)
- Deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis (2 people, 7.41%)
- Rash (1 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diamox src (24 people, 88.89%)
- Coumadin (22 people, 81.48%)
- Lisinopril (21 people, 77.78%)
- Omeprazole (21 people, 77.78%)
- Lasix (19 people, 70.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Diamox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diamox and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Diamox
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has RSD, Chronic Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Excessive Sleepiness, Stabbing Scapular Pain, and takes Ketamine Hydrochloride, Acetazolamide, Fentanyl, Advil Liqui-gels, Gabapentin)
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- Could my 20 years of methadone use have any relationship to my current condition
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Neck Pain, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ondansetron)
Neck pain - radiates to right side of face, shoulder and right arm
- If your daughter had 3.6mm fibroadenoma would you have it removed?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Intractable Seizure Disorder, Mental Retardation, Cerebral Palsy, Osteoporosis, Fibroadenoma, and takes Depakote, Carbatrol, Klonopin, Acetazolamide, Calcium)
My daughter is 27 yrs. old on a 2 yr old level. She is on Depo Provera inj. to "stop" that time of month due to the seizures that are promoted from the hormone changes. When she was 16 yrs. old she had a 5 lumps in her breast and we thought that the injection was a problem. We took a "holiday" from ...
- Does methadone cause pancreatitis
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Pancreatitis, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride)
I have been taking percocet long term for low back pain. I've been trying to break away from percocet & am only taking 1/4th of a percocet 10, 4x daily. Also now taking methedone 2x day. Have pancreas pain & have had pancreatitis several times over the years. I have not drank alcohol for 30+ yea ...
- My husband is taking creon for pancreas inflammation. he has been experiencing constipation. is it safe for him to take a stool softener while taking the creon?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Pancreatitis, and takes Creon)
He has been taking Creon for about a month now, and has been experiencing some discomfort from constipation. Not sure what is safe for him to take over the counter
More questions for: Diamox, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Hep-C, Pancreatitis, and takes Peginterferon, Rebetol)
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
More reviews for: Diamox, Pancreatitis
- A study of drug interactions between Acetazolamide, Topamax for a patient with Benign Intracranial Hypertension, Complicated Migraine. The patient has Absence Seizure
Comments: Having what seems like absents seizures presure is over 30 at the moment and chronic daily migraine not under control
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diamox for a patient with Hypertension, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
Comments: Doctors asked if I had an infection. I saw an infectious disease doctor and he tested everything and said no infections, hidden or obvious. WBC and platelet counts elevate when i am on diamox. Doctors do not beleive me since diamox is known to decrease WBC, however, when I weaned myself off it slow ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a patient with Glaucoma, Schloritis. The patient has
Comments: Going blind and nothing seems to be helping
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a patient with Glaucoma. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: confusing the time of day, convince day is night and night is day
getting up at 3.oo am dressed and making breakfast
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a patient with Amitriptyline - Serum. The patient has Pancreatitis Aggravated (inflammation of pancreas)
Comments: this is for a friend of mine that refuses to believe that pain killers cause pancreatitis.
More related studies for: Diamox, Pancreatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.