Review: could Diazepam cause Blood pressure increased?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 31,599 people who take Diazepam. Among them, 1,195 have Blood pressure increased. See who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Diazepam (latest outcomes from 32,855 users) has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Diazepam include stress and anxiety, nausea, fatigue, anxiety aggravated, completed suicide.
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased (latest reports from 1,140,462 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 30,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Diazepam. Among them, 1,102 people (3.63%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Diazepam when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||57.50%||17.50%||7.50%||5.00%||5.00%||5.00%||2.50% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Diazepam * :
|Blood pressure increased||64.60%||35.40% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Diazepam * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.39%||0.77%||0.97%||6.38%||8.99%||24.76%||19.15%||38.59% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Diazepam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||20.00%||40.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (238 people, 21.60%)
- Depression (139 people, 12.61%)
- Pain (116 people, 10.53%)
- Schizophrenia (86 people, 7.80%)
- Sleep disorder (72 people, 6.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (226 people, 20.51%)
- Furosemide (147 people, 13.34%)
- Lipitor (132 people, 11.98%)
- Lisinopril (129 people, 11.71%)
- Zometa (121 people, 10.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Diazepam, Blood pressure increased
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Diazepam (diazepam) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Diazepam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Diazepam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Diazepam side effects from A to Z:
Browse Diazepam drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I take Prozac for depression, Atenolol Chlorthalidone for hypertension, and Valium as needed for stress. I also Vasovagal when stressed, which is becoming more frequent as I get older. Can I take a Valium in preparation for stressful situations, or does that exacerbate my tendency to Vasovagal under stress?
From this study (5 months ago):
1. Have taken Levoxyl sodium for 20 years.
2. Levothyroxine does not help hypothyroidism and causes odd symptoms (inability to stay awake, particularly in the afternoon; sleep paralysis; audio hallucinations while asleep, hair loss)
3. In November of 2012 diagnosed with high blood pressure for the first time in my life; 150/67 spiking to 190/67.
4. January 2013 through March 2013 through diet and exercise loss 33 pounds.
5. March 2013 through October 2013 maintained stable weight loss of 33 pounds.
5. January 2013 through October 17, 2013 blood pressure stable at 123/65 - 131/65.
5. October 2013 changed to Synthroid when Levoxyl was recalled and my supply on hand ran out.
6. Within 9 days blood pressure up to 150/67 to 161/67.
Wondering if change from Levoxyl to Synthroid had impact of increase in stable lowered blood pressure.
From this study (11 months ago):
I receive cortisone injections. I always thought the discomfort in my side left upper adbdomen was due to old duodinal ulcers. After the last medro / lidocaine mixture injection to shoulder, it seriously aggravated the area and never went away this time. Usually I get a bit of tenderness and fever but only for a week or so post injection. This last injection was Feb, the symptoms came on again about one week later and have progressed. When it is most inflamed it seems that my blood pressure is elevated. I always had good BP before these injections as well. I did not tell my doctor of the side effects as I needed the injections to help with the pain in the shoulder. (The pain always got better for about 14-20 days post injection, as this stage of the shoulder issue, I take whatever I can get versus being miserable and terrible to live with all of the time, so it is likely my fault for not telling the doctor of the side effects of the left upper abdominal region. A bit concerned this time, as this time I can see the swelling, that is what made me come to the conclusion that it is an enlarged spleen. what are the best home remedies to reduce an enlarged spleen. I have no health coverage for it, and would rather die than make my families life more difficult.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Diazepam, Blood pressure increased
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- Suboxone withdrawal how dangerous to go cold turkey?
Last night I was woken unable to breath, I could not get a breath through, I was terrified, it took several seconds for me to be able to breath, but I continued to vomit for about 30 minutes, then I slept with my head high with pillows in case it happened again.
More reviews for: Diazepam, Blood pressure increased
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Wellbutrin, Piroxicam, Simvastatin, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Prozac, Copaxone for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Neck Arthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertension, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Multiple Sclerosis, Neck Stiffness (Neck pain), Hypertension (High blood pressure), Stress And Anxiety, Major Depression, Vasovagal Attack
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Estropipate, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Primary Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Surgically Induced Loss Of Estrogen (full Hysterectomy), Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycontin, Norco, Valium, Desyrel for a patient with Pain, Pain Management, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Spleen Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall Xr 30, Adderall 10, Celebrex, Soma, Valium, Xanax, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Diflucan, Plaquenil for a patient with Adhd, Arthritis Bacterial, Pain Management, Porphyria Acute, High Blood Pressure, Back Injury, Complicated Migraine, Yeast Infection - Vagina. The patient has Pain - Head (Headache), Neurotransmitter Level Altered, Visual Problems, Cognitive Disorder, Sudden Onset Of Sleepiness, Mild Confusion, Stomach Discomfort, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Migraine, Mild Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Coreg, Amlodipine Besylate, Mobic, Ultram, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Not Sure, Inflamation, Restless Leg Twice Day, Back Pain 4times A Day. The patient has High Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Diazepam, Blood pressure increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.