Review: could Diazepam cause Suicide attempt?
Summary: Suicide attempt is found among people who take Diazepam, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Depression.
We study 31,726 people who have side effects while taking Diazepam from FDA and social media. Among them, 736 have Suicide attempt. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicide attempt and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Diazepam and have Suicide attempt >>>
Diazepam has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 32,961 Diazepam users)
Suicide attempt has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 32,157 Suicide attempt patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 31,726 people reported to have side effects when taking Diazepam. Among them, 736 people (2.32%) have Suicide Attempt.
Time on Diazepam when people have Suicide attempt * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicide attempt||77.94%||5.88%||0.00%||1.47%||12.50%||2.21%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Diazepam * :
|Suicide attempt||58.36%||41.64% |
Age of people who have Suicide attempt when taking Diazepam * :
|Suicide attempt||0.00%||0.15%||4.49%||15.33%||28.64%||26.01%||12.85%||12.54% |
Severity of Suicide attempt when taking Diazepam ** :
How people recovered from Suicide attempt ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (113 people, 15.35%)
- Anxiety (90 people, 12.23%)
- Pain (42 people, 5.71%)
- Suicide attempt (36 people, 4.89%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (31 people, 4.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lorazepam (77 people, 10.46%)
- Seroquel (50 people, 6.79%)
- Temazepam (49 people, 6.66%)
- Neurontin (45 people, 6.11%)
- Alprazolam (41 people, 5.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of diazepam and suicide attempt on
Do you have Suicide Attempt while taking Diazepam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Diazepam and have Suicide Attempt
- support group for people who take Diazepam
- support group for people who have Suicide attempt
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Seroquel for a 52-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Chloride, Tylenol, Magnesium Glycinate, Flaxseed Oil, Zyrtec, Flonase, Prilosec, Restasis, Synthroid, Valium for a 59-year old woman with Enzyme Supplementation, Neck Pain, Migraine Without Aura, Dry Eye, Nasal Congestion, Gastric Ph Decreased, Thyroidectomy, Vertigo. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Lumigan, Doxazosin Mesylate, Ramipril, Diazepam, Prednisolone, Paracetamol, Tramadol, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 66-year old man with Pressure Sore, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lung Surgery. The patient has Oral Discharge
- A study of side effects of Valium for a 69-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Pregnancy - Vaginal Bleeding
Recent Diazepam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.