Diclofenac sodium and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Diclofenac sodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Benadryl, and have Tendonitis. This review analyzes which people have Water retention with Diclofenac sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,360 people who have side effects when taking Diclofenac sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
16,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Diclofenac sodium.
Among them, 40 people (0.24%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Diclofenac sodium when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 42.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Diclofenac sodium *:
- female: 67.5 %
- male: 32.5 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Diclofenac sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 7.14 %
- 20-29: 3.57 %
- 30-39: 7.14 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 21.43 %
- 60+: 53.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Tendonitis (4 people, 10.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (3 people, 7.50%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (2 people, 5.00%)
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 5.00%)
- Headache (2 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ranitidine (5 people, 12.50%)
- Cymbalta (5 people, 12.50%)
- Benadryl (5 people, 12.50%)
- Lyrica (4 people, 10.00%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 10.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (15 people, 37.50%)
- Breathing Difficulty (11 people, 27.50%)
- Oedema (8 people, 20.00%)
- Weakness (7 people, 17.50%)
- Loss Of Consciousness (6 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Water retention when taking Diclofenac sodium?
- Check symptoms - is water retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWater retention and drugs with ingredients of diclofenac sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWater retention and Diclofenac sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Diclofenac sodium has active ingredients of diclofenac sodium. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Diclofenac sodium 17,596 users)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Water retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Diclofenac sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!
I was given Diclofenac every 4 hours for post operative pain. I soon began to have headache and a sore throat. The next day I felt worse still and heard a "marching" sound in my ears. I lost my appetite, couldn't sleep and began to have serious floaters. I was told it was all down to the ...
I am waiting for Hyperparathyroid surgery. I have taken Furosemide for several years because of swollen ankles. The fluid caused blisters to form from my ankles to mid calf. The blisters have almost all gone but I am still left with fluid right up to the top of my shins and really dry and ...