Review: could Dicyclomine hydrochloride cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Dicyclomine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 475 people who have side effects while taking Dicyclomine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Dicyclomine hydrochloride and have Diarrhea >>>
Dicyclomine hydrochloride has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from 647 Dicyclomine hydrochloride users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,378 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 474 people reported to have side effects when taking Dicyclomine hydrochloride. Among them, 36 people (7.59%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Dicyclomine hydrochloride when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Dicyclomine hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Dicyclomine hydrochloride * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Dicyclomine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 30.56%)
- Depression (6 people, 16.67%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (5 people, 13.89%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (4 people, 11.11%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (9 people, 25.00%)
- Ibuprofen (9 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (8 people, 22.22%)
- Zelnorm (7 people, 19.44%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 19.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of dicyclomine hydrochloride and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Dicyclomine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Dicyclomine hydrochloride and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Dicyclomine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 35-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 42-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of side effects of Xeljanz for a 58-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Knee Replacement - Total, Limb Deformity, Appetite Disorder Nos, Secondary Infections, Fatigue, Diarrhea
Recent Dicyclomine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Flomax for a 40-year old woman who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Bentyl, Norco, Lyrica, Norflex, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Bentyl, Linzess for a 19-year old boy who has IBS
- Comparions of , Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Bentyl, Gralise for a 47-year old woman who has Costochondritis
- Comparions of Lopressor, Bentyl for a 32-year old woman who has IBS
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.