Home > Diflucan > Tonic seizures > Diflucan and Tonic seizures
Review: could Diflucan cause Tonic seizures?
Summary: Tonic seizures is found among people who take Diflucan, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Graft versus host disease.
We study 17,145 people who have side effects while taking Diflucan from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Tonic seizures. Find out below who they are, when they have Tonic seizures and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diflucan and have Tonic seizures >>>
Diflucan (latest outcomes from 17,695 users) has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection.
Tonic seizures (all the muscles to suddenly become stiff) (latest reports from 658 patients) has been reported by people with seizures, epilepsy, depression, high blood cholesterol, acne.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 17,145 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan. Among them, 9 people (0.05%) have Tonic Seizures.
Time on Diflucan when people have Tonic seizures * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tonic seizures||75.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Tonic seizures when taking Diflucan * :
|Tonic seizures||0.00%||11.11%||66.67%||22.22%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Tonic seizures when taking Diflucan ** :
How people recovered from Tonic seizures ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Graft versus host disease (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (7 people, 77.78%)
- Cyclosporine (5 people, 55.56%)
- Prednisolone (5 people, 55.56%)
- Sandimmune (4 people, 44.44%)
- Ganciclovir sodium (3 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tonic Seizures while taking Diflucan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diflucan and have Tonic Seizures
- support group for people who take Diflucan
- support group for people who have Tonic Seizures
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How were you treated and what were the results of treatment for fluconazole rash reaction.
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Severe Rash, and takes Fluconazole)
Broke out in general rash which became worse over time, even though I discontinued use of fluconazole. No underlying conditions or other drugs.
- Is 800mg of fluconazole @ day for valey fever extreme? could it cause hair loss?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Valley Fever Pneumonia, and takes Fluconazole)
Have been taking fluconazole (800mg) for 4 months. My hair is falling out. Could the fluconazole be the cause? My infectious Dr. doesn't seem to want to commit to saying it is the cause.
- What vitamins can not be taken with fluconazole? anyone know?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Chronic Lyme Disease, Arthritis, Migraines, Nural In Brain / Weight Loss, Seizures / Blackouts, Xanax, and takes Fluconazole, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Xanax)
I was thinking I heard that you can't take certain Vitamins while on Diflucan/ fluconazole. Has anyone heard of this before? Just trying to play it safe! Don't need any reactions. thanks Cin
- Does moringa cure pelvic inflammatory disease
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, and takes Diflucan)
Been trying to get pregnant for months but to no avail also I usually do nt have ovulation pains but for the past two months I've been having pains?
- How much moringa liquid extract can i take at a time
(Asked by a 28 year old man who has Candidiasis, and takes Fluconazole)
I have candidiasis and still working to return to normal health, what do u suggest
More questions for: Diflucan, Tonic seizures
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My daughter got sjs after taking fluconazole!!
(Posted by a 17 year old girl who has Steven Johnson Syndrome, and takes Fluconazole)
My daughter swelled up in her neck, hands, and face. Had severe blistering of her skin especially on her face and vaginal area. Had a radh over 80% of her body. She was dizzy, sick to the stomach, and itched enterally. She also started vaginally bleeding severely.
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Diflucan, Tonic seizures
- A study of side effects of Fluconazole for a patient with Itching - Vaginal Area. The patient has Back Pain - Low
Comments: left side lower back is aching so bad I cant sit or lay down.
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Flagyl for a patient with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
Comments: I took diflucan and flagyl and am 6 days late on my period, is this common? Could i be pregnant, we are trying for a baby.
- A study of drug interactions between Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Nifedipine, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zomig, Fluconazole, Nystatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Remeron, Famvir, Metoclopramide for a patient with Lyme Disease, Raynauds, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Candidiasis, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Depression, Genital Herpes, Gastroparesis. The patient has Lyme Symptoms Tmj; Muscle Pain; Fatigue, Gastroparesis, Rls, Oral Herpes, Raynauds, Throbbing Pain Base Of Skull Occipital Neuralgia
Comments: I have pos. speckled ANA titer since I was in my early 20's, but no autoimmunity symptoms or rashes to report. My LLMD has dx'd me as having lyme disease and I am in treatment for that currently.
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Prednisone, Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate, Cephalexin, Acyclovir for a patient with Skin Infection - Yeast, Shingles, Uti. The patient has Jaundice
Comments: Prescribed cephalexin for a uti a week ago and was misdiagnosed, had a reaction to that went to urgent care was diagnosed yesterday with shingles. Now I'm a little jaundice
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Magnesium Oxide, Aspirin, Valerian, Onfi, Vimpat for a patient with Hair Skin And Nails, Magnesium Deficiency, Stroke - Hemorrhagic, Epilepsy. The patient has Tonic Seizures, Complex Partial Seizures Exacerbated
Comments: Also has the VNS Implant, however since the last time they messed around with the medication the seizures are uncontrolled... they are happening weekly & sometimes daily. I just want my nursing career and my life back!!!
More related studies for: Diflucan, Tonic seizures
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.