Review: could Diflucan cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Diflucan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 17,147 people who have side effects while taking Diflucan from FDA and social media. Among them, 349 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diflucan and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Diflucan has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from Diflucan 17,697 users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary Tract Infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Urinary Tract Infection 71,618 patients)
On Dec, 9, 2014: 17,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Diflucan. Among them, 457 people (2.67%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Diflucan when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||75.68%||5.41%||10.81%||5.41%||0.00%||0.00%||2.70% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Diflucan * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.48%||0.72%||5.04%||8.15%||6.47%||18.71%||19.42%||41.01% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Diflucan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (31 people, 6.78%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (24 people, 5.25%)
- Pain (21 people, 4.60%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (21 people, 4.60%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (122 people, 26.70%)
- Ambien (116 people, 25.38%)
- Prednisone (109 people, 23.85%)
- Levaquin (107 people, 23.41%)
- Aspirin (107 people, 23.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Diflucan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Diflucan and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Diflucan
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Diflucan, Urinary tract infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- My daughter got sjs after taking fluconazole!!
(Posted by a 17 year old girl who has Steven Johnson Syndrome, and takes Fluconazole)
My daughter swelled up in her neck, hands, and face. Had severe blistering of her skin especially on her face and vaginal area. Had a radh over 80% of her body. She was dizzy, sick to the stomach, and itched enterally. She also started vaginally bleeding severely.
- Valtrex 3 months systemic candida
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Systemic Candida Caused By Valtres, and takes Lorazepam, Diflucan, Valtrex)
NOTE: IF YOU TAKE VALTREX FOR WHATEVER REASON, EITHER TAKE GOOD PROBIOTICS, OR GET ON A CANDIDA DIET. A MUST. You don't want to run the risk of messing up your colon with leaky gut syndrome after the yeast has done its damage. Please read the following story.
My daughter has been autism spectru ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
More reviews for: Diflucan, Urinary tract infection
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Quinine Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Gabapentin for a patient with Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Neuropathic Pain, Coccydynia. The patient has Eye Pain, Frequent Headaches, Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Uti
Comments: Have a VP shunt, scoliosis and chronic pain syndrome. Have had 7 day course of antibiotics for a UTI but still have symptoms. Abdominal pain especially near the distal end of shunt catheter. Had hot sweats. Concern infection has gone to the shunt.
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: 52 years old.Been on pravastatin 1 month and incurred my first ever urinary tract infection. Have gone thru 4 rounds of antibiotics and still have infection and blood in urine 5 months later. Clears with antibiotic then reoccurs shortly thereafter
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Diflucan for a patient with Allergies, Thrush. The patient has Fatigue, Nerve Pain
Comments: Mostly feet and leg pain. Also hands and face feel same thing but less severe.
It is worse in the evenings. Extremities feel swollen & hot like I'm getting a fever. Temp is mildly elevated and nothing appears to be swollen.
I am exhausted by the smallest amount of exercise, even walking a short ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Atenolol, Endep, Lyrica, Humira, Methotrexate for a patient with Oropharyngeal Candidiasis, High Blood Pressure, Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief, Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has
Comments: I have Fibromyalgia and Psoriatic Arthritis. Over the last 3 years I have had
Oropharyngeal candidiasis... now being treated with Diflucan. Diflucan has worked in the past.
I have experienced constant dry mouth since taking Lyrica and Endep... the only relief has been from chewing gum. Is this c ...
More related studies for: Diflucan, Urinary tract infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.