Digoxin and Blood pressure increased - from FDA reports
Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Cardiac disorder. This review analyzes which people have Blood pressure increased with Digoxin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 68,396 people who have side effects when taking Digoxin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
68,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin.
Among them, 2,339 people (3.42%) have Blood pressure increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Digoxin when people have Blood pressure increased *:
- < 1 month: 8.59 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.16 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.34 %
- 2 - 5 years: 28.98 %
- 5 - 10 years: 19.86 %
- 10+ years: 9.3 %
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Digoxin *:
- female: 56.01 %
- male: 43.99 %
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Digoxin *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 0.31 %
- 20-29: 1.19 %
- 30-39: 2.02 %
- 40-49: 5.53 %
- 50-59: 14.99 %
- 60+: 75.61 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cardiac Disorder (133 people, 5.69%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (94 people, 4.02%)
- Osteoporosis (63 people, 2.69%)
- Arrhythmias (58 people, 2.48%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (55 people, 2.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (778 people, 33.26%)
- Lasix (714 people, 30.53%)
- Coumadin (579 people, 24.75%)
- Lisinopril (540 people, 23.09%)
- Furosemide (530 people, 22.66%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (722 people, 30.87%)
- Pain (688 people, 29.41%)
- Breathing Difficulty (679 people, 29.03%)
- Weakness (590 people, 25.22%)
- Stress And Anxiety (578 people, 24.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Blood pressure increased when taking Digoxin?
- Check symptoms - is blood pressure increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlood pressure increased and drugs with ingredients of digoxin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlood pressure increased and Digoxin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Digoxin 69,701 users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 541,323 Blood pressure increased patients).
Browse all side effects of Digoxina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood pressure increasedBlood pressure increased
Could your condition cause Blood pressure increasedBlood pressure increased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
Three weeks after starting Flecainide developed severe upper abdominal pain with violent vomiting about every 3 to 4 months and recently once a mont for the last 3 months. Have been hospitalized for this symptom resulting with 3 CAT scans and several abdominal exray. Each time nothing wrong ...
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
85 y/o Mom taking Pradaxa since Feb. Dark blood in stool. Doing endoscopy tomorrow they think an ulcer. She also takes Digoxin and Lasix. She has never had an ulcer. I feel it is due to Pradaxa. Any others???