Review: could Digoxin cause Diabetic ketoacidosis?
Summary: Diabetic ketoacidosis is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Cardiac failure congestive.
We study 51,881 people who have side effects while taking Digoxin from FDA and social media. Among them, 47 have Diabetic ketoacidosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetic ketoacidosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Digoxin and have Diabetic ketoacidosis >>>
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 52,604 Digoxin users)
Diabetic ketoacidosis (diabetic ketoacidosis (dka) is high concentrations of ketone bodies) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, diabetes, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 11,391 Diabetic ketoacidosis patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 51,881 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin. Among them, 43 people (0.08%) have Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
Time on Digoxin when people have Diabetic ketoacidosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetic ketoacidosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Diabetic ketoacidosis when taking Digoxin * :
|Diabetic ketoacidosis||53.19%||46.81% |
Age of people who have Diabetic ketoacidosis when taking Digoxin * :
|Diabetic ketoacidosis||0.00%||0.00%||2.38%||0.00%||2.38%||14.29%||2.38%||78.57% |
Severity of Diabetic ketoacidosis when taking Digoxin ** :
How people recovered from Diabetic ketoacidosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cardiac failure congestive (8 people, 18.60%)
- Insulin-requiring type ii diabetes mellitus (7 people, 16.28%)
- Schizophrenia (3 people, 6.98%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (2 people, 4.65%)
- Increased ventricular afterload (2 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (13 people, 30.23%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 27.91%)
- Glucophage (10 people, 23.26%)
- Warfarin sodium (10 people, 23.26%)
- Toprol-xl (9 people, 20.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Digoxin and diabetic ketoacidosis on
Do you have Diabetic Ketoacidosis while taking Digoxin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Digoxin and have Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- support group for people who take Digoxin
- support group for people who have Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Digoxin, Warfarin Sodium for a 90-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Blood Disorder. The patient has Muscular Weakness
- A study of side effects of Digoxin for a 53-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Heart Rate
- A study of side effects of Digoxin for a 77-year old woman with Arrhythmia. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Probiotic, Vitamin D, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Digoxin, Spironolactone, Furosemide, Warfarin Sodium, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza, Lyrica for a 68-year old woman with Support Overall Health, Improve Digestive System, Lack Of Same In System, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure - Right-sided, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetic Neuropathy. The patient has Unsteady, Delayed Gastric Emptying, Muscle Twitching
- A study of side effects of Digoxin for a 53-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Bady Rash Arms, Back Stomach And Legs
Recent Digoxin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Digoxin, Medrol for a 75-year old man who has PAD
- Comparions of Digoxin, Warfarin Sodium, Losartan for a 75-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Digoxin, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 68-year old man who has Heart Rate Decreased
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Digoxin, Allegra for a 34-year old woman who has Allergic Bronchitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.