Digoxin and Diabetic ketoacidosis - from FDA reports
Diabetic ketoacidosis is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Cardiac failure congestive. This review analyzes which people have Diabetic ketoacidosis with Digoxin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 68,396 people who have side effects when taking Digoxin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
68,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin.
Among them, 47 people (0.07%) have Diabetic ketoacidosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Digoxin when people have Diabetic ketoacidosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diabetic ketoacidosis when taking Digoxin *:
- female: 62.22 %
- male: 37.78 %
Age of people who have Diabetic ketoacidosis when taking Digoxin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.5 %
- 20-29: 2.5 %
- 30-39: 2.5 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 2.5 %
- 60+: 77.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (8 people, 17.02%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (2 people, 4.26%)
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 4.26%)
- Rheumatic Fever (2 people, 4.26%)
- Bronchitis Acute (2 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (14 people, 29.79%)
- Warfarin Sodium (10 people, 21.28%)
- Glucophage (9 people, 19.15%)
- Toprol-Xl (8 people, 17.02%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 17.02%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (8 people, 17.02%)
- Therapeutic Agent Toxicity (7 people, 14.89%)
- Pain (7 people, 14.89%)
- Heart Palpitations (7 people, 14.89%)
- Atrioventricular Block Complete (7 people, 14.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diabetic ketoacidosis when taking Digoxin?
- Check symptoms - is diabetic ketoacidosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiabetic ketoacidosis and drugs with ingredients of digoxin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiabetic ketoacidosis and Digoxin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Digoxin 69,701 users)
Diabetic ketoacidosis (diabetic ketoacidosis (dka) is high concentrations of ketone bodies) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, type 1 diabetes, depression (latest reports from 18,129 Diabetic ketoacidosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Digoxina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Diabetic ketoacidosisDiabetic ketoacidosis
Could your condition cause Diabetic ketoacidosisDiabetic ketoacidosis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Three weeks after starting Flecainide developed severe upper abdominal pain with violent vomiting about every 3 to 4 months and recently once a mont for the last 3 months. Have been hospitalized for this symptom resulting with 3 CAT scans and several abdominal exray. Each time nothing wrong ...
User reviews to the study
85 y/o Mom taking Pradaxa since Feb. Dark blood in stool. Doing endoscopy tomorrow they think an ulcer. She also takes Digoxin and Lasix. She has never had an ulcer. I feel it is due to Pradaxa. Any others???
I was taking metformin and novolin 70/30 insulin in 2015 but Ididn't have control of my blood sugars. My doctor decided to change my Insulin. Four days later I was rushed to the hospital unresponsive. It was determined that I was in DKA and was in a coma. This experience has caused other health ...