Review: could Digoxin cause Impotence (Erection problems)?
Summary: Impotence is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 51,881 people who have side effects while taking Digoxin from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Impotence. Find out below who they are, when they have Impotence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Digoxin and have Impotence >>>
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 52,604 Digoxin users)
Impotence (powerlessness) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,489 Impotence patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 51,879 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin. Among them, 160 people (0.31%) have Impotence.
Time on Digoxin when people have Impotence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Impotence when taking Digoxin * :
Age of people who have Impotence when taking Digoxin * :
Severity of Impotence when taking Digoxin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Impotence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (30 people, 18.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (26 people, 16.25%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 10.00%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (11 people, 6.88%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (72 people, 45.00%)
- Coumadin (61 people, 38.12%)
- Viagra (59 people, 36.88%)
- Lasix (53 people, 33.12%)
- Furosemide (49 people, 30.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Impotence while taking Digoxin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Digoxin and have Impotence
- support group for people who take Digoxin
- support group for people who have Impotence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Concerta, Naproxen, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Zolmitriptan, Sumatriptan for a 25-year old man with ADHD, Migraine. The patient has Paranoia, Anxiety, Depression, Libido Increased, Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Digoxin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Digoxin, Medrol for a 75-year old man who has PAD
- Comparions of Digoxin, Warfarin Sodium, Losartan for a 75-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Digoxin, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 68-year old man who has Heart Rate Decreased
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Digoxin, Allegra for a 34-year old woman who has Allergic Bronchitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.