Digoxin and Swallowing difficulty - from FDA reports
Swallowing difficulty is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Cardiac failure congestive. This review analyzes which people have Swallowing difficulty with Digoxin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 68,396 people who have side effects when taking Digoxin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
68,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin.
Among them, 766 people (1.12%) have Swallowing difficulty
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Digoxin when people have Swallowing difficulty *:
- < 1 month: 8.93 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.61 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.82 %
- 1 - 2 years: 23.21 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.96 %
- 10+ years: 4.46 %
Gender of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Digoxin *:
- female: 58.91 %
- male: 41.09 %
Age of people who have Swallowing difficulty when taking Digoxin *:
- 0-1: 0.15 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.15 %
- 20-29: 0.62 %
- 30-39: 1.39 %
- 40-49: 4.47 %
- 50-59: 14.95 %
- 60+: 78.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (44 people, 5.74%)
- High Blood Pressure (44 people, 5.74%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (44 people, 5.74%)
- Depression (38 people, 4.96%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (27 people, 3.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (228 people, 29.77%)
- Coumadin (183 people, 23.89%)
- Aspirin (175 people, 22.85%)
- Furosemide (121 people, 15.80%)
- Protonix (106 people, 13.84%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (201 people, 26.24%)
- Weakness (190 people, 24.80%)
- Breathing Difficulty (187 people, 24.41%)
- Stress And Anxiety (172 people, 22.45%)
- Fatigue (167 people, 21.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Swallowing difficulty when taking Digoxin?
- Check symptoms - is swallowing difficulty caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSwallowing difficulty and drugs with ingredients of digoxin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSwallowing difficulty and Digoxin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Digoxin 69,701 users)
Swallowing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,152 Swallowing difficulty patients).
Browse all side effects of Digoxina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Swallowing difficultySwallowing difficulty
Could your condition cause Swallowing difficultySwallowing difficulty
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Three weeks after starting Flecainide developed severe upper abdominal pain with violent vomiting about every 3 to 4 months and recently once a mont for the last 3 months. Have been hospitalized for this symptom resulting with 3 CAT scans and several abdominal exray. Each time nothing wrong ...
User reviews to the study
85 y/o Mom taking Pradaxa since Feb. Dark blood in stool. Doing endoscopy tomorrow they think an ulcer. She also takes Digoxin and Lasix. She has never had an ulcer. I feel it is due to Pradaxa. Any others???