Home > Digoxin > Urinary incontinence > Digoxin and Urinary incontinence
Review: could Digoxin cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 51,871 people who have side effects while taking Digoxin from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Digoxin and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Digoxin (latest outcomes from 52,593 users) has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) (latest reports from 107,977 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 51,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin. Among them, 266 people (0.51%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Digoxin when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||19.12%||19.12%||14.71%||20.59%||16.18%||7.35%||2.94% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Digoxin * :
|Urinary incontinence||65.77%||34.23% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Digoxin * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.17%||0.00%||0.34%||5.86%||78.62% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Digoxin ** :
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (49 people, 18.42%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 7.14%)
- Hypothyroidism (19 people, 7.14%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (18 people, 6.77%)
- Muscle spasms (14 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (149 people, 56.02%)
- Lipitor (121 people, 45.49%)
- Lisinopril (119 people, 44.74%)
- Coumadin (117 people, 43.98%)
- Lasix (107 people, 40.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Digoxin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Digoxin and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Digoxin
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- What are you using to treat esophageal spasm
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Difficulty Eating. Spits Up What Seems To Be Mucous., and takes Lisinopril, Nexium, Coumadin, Lasix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Digoxin, Multivitamin, Amlodipine)
Very difficult to eat food. Once eats most times type of mucous is spit up, almost choking. At that point cannot swallow any more. Slowly sips water - and that seems to help. Doctor diagnosis was esophageal spasm. Barium swallow showed what doctor calls a "pocket" in her throat. Dr. prescribed ...
- Should spirnolactone be taken with metolazone and lasix
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Incontinence - Urinary, and takes LASIX, Metolazone)
I PRESENTLY TAKE METOLAZONE ALONG WITH Lasix. MY POTASSIUM HAS DROPPED AND I AM TRYING TO INCREASE POTASSIUM. SHOULD I TAKE SPIRONOLACT TOINCREASE MY POTASSIUM ? IF SO, WHEN SHOULD I TAKE IT ?
- I have been taking tramadol and sertraline for 3 years. now my new arthritis doctor tells me i have to change because of serious side effects which i have never exhibited.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Depression, Hypothyroidism, Incontinence - Urinary, Acid Reflux, Adrenal Cortical Insufficiency, High Blood Pressure, Craniopharyngioma, Blood Sodium Increased, and takes Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Protonix, Lisinopril, Synthroid, Oxybutynin Chloride, Desmopressin Acetate, Cabergoline, Hydrocortisone)
The pharmacist told my new arthritis doctor that Sertraline (antidepressant) and Tramadol (painkiller) has serious side effects including seizures, etc. She wants to substitute the tramadol with oxycontin, a habit-forming drug.
I have been taking these drugs (tramadol and Sertraline) together for ...
- Can warfarin use for 13 years cause foot weekness
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Foot Weeknesss, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Digoxin)
I have been on Warfarin for 13 years after being diagnosed with Cardio Myopthy. I have a pace maker and also had radiotherapy on left side after breast cancer in 1998. I am told I need to stay on warfarin because of AF.
More questions for: Digoxin, Urinary incontinence
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Digoxin, Urinary incontinence
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: I am on 400mg lamictal and 100mg Zoloft. And 50mg trazadone for sleep. The last 3 months I have urinary incontenance. And sudden urges ti pee. Uaually can't make it ro the bathroom. I am a healthy 29 year ols. Also, I used baby wipes several times to wipe after uaingthe bathroom. The wipes were reca ...
- A study of drug interactions between ASA, Librium, Digoxin for a patient with Prophylactics, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arrhythmia. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: took lanoxin for over 20 years, was taken off for about a year and then just been put back on it, the generic Digiteck
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Claritin-d, Krill Oil, Vitamin D, SAM-e, Dexilant, Buspirone Hcl, Buspar, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Yeast Infections, Allergies, Bipolar 2, Vitamin D, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Migraine. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Comments: It's been happening for about a month now. I only leak if I cough or sneeze hard. Typically even if I've urinated recently if the action is hard enough. Amounts released do very depending on the severity of the action.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Digoxin for a patient with Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Rate Irregular. The patient has Breast Lump
Comments: Tender and itchy
More related studies for: Digoxin, Urinary incontinence
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.