Review: could Digoxin cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Digoxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 51,881 people who have side effects while taking Digoxin from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Digoxin and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Digoxin has active ingredients of digoxin. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 52,604 Digoxin users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 51,879 people reported to have side effects when taking Digoxin. Among them, 266 people (0.51%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Digoxin when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||19.12%||19.12%||14.71%||20.59%||16.18%||7.35%||2.94% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Digoxin * :
|Urinary incontinence||65.77%||34.23% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Digoxin * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.17%||0.00%||0.34%||5.86%||78.62% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Digoxin ** :
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (49 people, 18.42%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 7.14%)
- Hypothyroidism (19 people, 7.14%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (18 people, 6.77%)
- Muscle spasms (14 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (149 people, 56.02%)
- Lipitor (121 people, 45.49%)
- Lisinopril (119 people, 44.74%)
- Coumadin (117 people, 43.98%)
- Lasix (107 people, 40.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of digoxin and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Digoxin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Digoxin and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Digoxin
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
- A study of side effects of Digoxin for a 53-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Heart Rate
- A study of side effects of Digoxin for a 77-year old woman with Arrhythmia. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Probiotic, Vitamin D, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Digoxin, Spironolactone, Furosemide, Warfarin Sodium, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza, Lyrica for a 68-year old woman with Support Overall Health, Improve Digestive System, Lack Of Same In System, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure - Right-sided, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetic Neuropathy. The patient has Unsteady, Delayed Gastric Emptying, Muscle Twitching
Recent Digoxin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Digoxin, Medrol for a 75-year old man who has PAD
- Comparions of Digoxin, Warfarin Sodium, Losartan for a 75-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Atenolol, Digoxin, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 68-year old man who has Heart Rate Decreased
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Digoxin, Allegra for a 34-year old woman who has Allergic Bronchitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.