Review: could Dilantin cause Death of sibling (Death)?
Summary: Death of sibling is reported only by a few people who take Dilantin.
We study 362 people who have side effects while taking Dilantin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Death of sibling. Find out below who they are, when they have Death of sibling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Dilantin and have Death of sibling >>>
Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Dilantin 955 users)
Death of sibling
Death of sibling has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Death of sibling 177,488 patients)
On Dec, 20, 2014: 362 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilantin. Among them, 2 people (0.55%) have Death Of Sibling.
Time on Dilantin when people have Death of sibling * :
Gender of people who have Death of sibling when taking Dilantin * :
|Death of sibling||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Death of sibling when taking Dilantin * :
|Death of sibling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cough (1 people, 50.00%)
- Localised infection (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (2 people, 100.00%)
- Coumadin (2 people, 100.00%)
- Dilantin extended release (1 people, 50.00%)
- Magnesium chloride (1 people, 50.00%)
- Albuterol sulfate (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death Of Sibling while taking Dilantin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dilantin and have Death Of Sibling
- support group for people who take Dilantin
- support group for people who have Death Of Sibling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If a person runs out out of his seizure med dilantin & is unable to get it refilled today, can he take another seizure med, neurotin?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Seizures, and takes Dilantin)
Can my boyfriend take my Neurotin, just for today to prevent seizures, until he gets his Dilantin refill tomorrow?? Or will it be better to just hold out til he gets his refill?
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has AVM - Cerebral, Hep C, and takes Extended Phenytoin Sodium, Keppra, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril, Spironolactone)
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia when taking dilantin?
(Asked by a 45 year old man who takes Dilantin)
I'm just concern with my Dilantin levels when taking garcinia haven't being able to find concrete info on this .
- Causes of extreme fatigue and fainting when stressed and chronic panic/anxiety and insomnia
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Death Of Child, Depression - Major, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Anxiety Disorder, GERD, and takes Clonazepam, Protonix)
since daughters death 6 years ago I have been extremely fatigued, no energy for anything, dizziness chronic and have fainted about 7 times in the past 18 months, severe panic when leaving my home to the point of choking and vomiting, also wake up with flashbacks to my childs death nightly. Have bee ...
- Have you heard of people taking large amounts of imodium to get "opiod" feeling and death due to amount taken?
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Death Of Child, and takes Imodium)
My 21 year old son passed away unexpectedly due to large amount of Imodium taken. As I have found out he had been taking this OTC medication to get the same feeling as pain medication(opioids). This medication showed up in his toxicology report. Can anyone help me understand how this could cause dea ...
More questions for: Dilantin, Death of sibling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
- Dilantin and interactions
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Arrhythmia, Epilepsy, Hypothyroid, and takes Vitamin D, Magnesium, Coreg, Dilantin, Synthroid)
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Dilantin, Death of sibling
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dilantin, Paxil, Effexor Xr for a patient with Epilepsy, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Hyperglycemia, Sleepiness - During The Day, Memory Impairment, Poor Concentration, Poor Quality Sleep, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression
Comments: The Dilantin side effects all went away after changing to a low-glycemic-index diet. Once blood sugar was under control, the hyperglycemia and everything else improved - memory, concentration, sleep quality, daytime sleepiness, anxiety, and depression.
The hyperglycemia was not detected by either ...
- A study of side effects of Bleomycin Sulfate for a patient with Tumor. The patient has Death Of Sibling
Comments: My baby brother (21)was diagnosed with non-cancerous brain tumors in August 2009. He surivied two brain surgeries and completed 4 months of chemo (bleomycin) in Feb 2010. He was in his second week of radiation (Mar 2010) when one of his lungs collapsed. He was admitted to the hospital and a 1 week l ...
More related studies for: Dilantin, Death of sibling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.