Review: could Dilantin cause Dizziness?
Summary: Dizziness is found among people who take Dilantin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Seizures.
We study 368 people who have side effects while taking Dilantin from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Dizziness. Find out below who they are, when they have Dizziness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Dilantin and have Dizziness >>>
Dilantin has active ingredients of phenytoin sodium. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 962 Dilantin users)
Dizziness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 162,329 Dizziness patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 368 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilantin. Among them, 16 people (4.35%) have Dizziness.
Time on Dilantin when people have Dizziness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dizziness when taking Dilantin * :
Age of people who have Dizziness when taking Dilantin * :
Severity of Dizziness when taking Dilantin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dizziness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Seizures (7 people, 43.75%)
- Dementia (2 people, 12.50%)
- Seizure (2 people, 12.50%)
- Dizziness (2 people, 12.50%)
- Seizure disorder (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (4 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (2 people, 12.50%)
- Namenda (2 people, 12.50%)
- Zoloft (2 people, 12.50%)
- Dilantin extended release (2 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dizziness while taking Dilantin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Dilantin and have Dizziness
- support group for people who take Dilantin
- support group for people who have Dizziness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Gildess Fe 1/20 for a 35-year old woman with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Vertigo
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 17-year old girl with ADD. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Nausea, Irritability, Fatigue, Headache, Dizziness, Bluish Skin, Heart Palpitations, Heart Rate Increased, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Glycinate, Norvasc for a 62-year old woman with Low Blood Potassium, Low Blood Magnesium, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Appetite, Unsteadiness, Hungry After Eat, Disorientation, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea, Tremor, Confusion, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 92-year old woman with Serum Serotonin Increased. The patient has Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 49-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Insomnia, Irritability, Weight Gain, Weakness, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizziness
Recent Dilantin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.