Home > Dilantin > Vertigo > Dilantin and Vertigo
Review: could Dilantin cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
We study 360 people who have side effects while taking Dilantin from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Dilantin and have Vertigo >>>
Dilantin (latest outcomes from 950 users) has active ingredients of phenytoin sodium. It is often used in epilepsy.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,295,398 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 360 people reported to have side effects when taking Dilantin. Among them, 14 people (3.89%) have Vertigo.
Time on Dilantin when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Dilantin * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Dilantin * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Dilantin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Seizures (6 people, 42.86%)
- Seizure (2 people, 14.29%)
- Seizure disorder (2 people, 14.29%)
- Dizziness (2 people, 14.29%)
- Dementia (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (4 people, 28.57%)
- Fosamax (2 people, 14.29%)
- Atenolol (2 people, 14.29%)
- Namenda (2 people, 14.29%)
- Dilantin extended release (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Dilantin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Dilantin and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Dilantin
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can lipitor 10mg cause lightheadeness all day even tho taken at bedtime
Even tho I take 1 10mg at bedtime I seem to be light headeness all day long
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- It looks like i lose my balance when i have turned a few corners
It looks like I lose my balance when walking, but my balance is very good when tested. It is more like my navigation system is switched off, and I struggle to walk when there are frequent changes of direction eg in buildings.
I can do a 10 mile hike, ride a bike, and go up a ladder with no prob ...
- Can long term use cinnarazine 25 mg daily and betahistine (vertin) 8 mg daily for the last 2 years for vertigo cause trigeminal neuralgia like symptoms?
I am on above medication for two years . Lately i have suddenly developed severe pain in rt jaw rt side of head and inside the mouth. ? trigeminal neuralgia like symptoms. Can this be due to effects of the drugs that i am taking? What should be done for the new symptoms?
- Does losartan cause dizziness?
My dizziness most likely due to Losartan (50 mg/day)taken for mild high blood pressure) seems to have peaked about 6 months after I began taking it. Was quite severe for a couple of days, then gradually disappeared. I have been on Losartan for over 2 years now, with no further side effects that I a ...
- Been taking corydalis for pain for 4 days now, woke up this morning with bad case of vertigo. if i continue to take corydalis, will the vertigo ease or get worse?
I have peripheral neuropathy and began taking Corydalis for pain 4 days ago. This morning I woke up with vertigo so badly I clung to my headboard feeling like I was going to fall off my bed. The dizziness and nausea are rolling in like waves with a few minutes in between of almost clarity. My questi ...
- If a person runs out out of his seizure med dilantin & is unable to get it refilled today, can he take another seizure med, neurotin?
Can my boyfriend take my Neurotin, just for today to prevent seizures, until he gets his Dilantin refill tomorrow?? Or will it be better to just hold out til he gets his refill?
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
- Mixing methamphatamine and lisinapril hydrocloathyaxide together is it dangetous
I feel really terrible shortness of breath blood pressure keeps dropping up and down my chest is very heavy and tight
- Problem with my kidneys??
In November, My husband had to rush me to the ER because I was having terrible pain in my left kidney area. After a CT scan, it was determined that I had 2 kidney stones trying to pass together. One was 1mm and the other was 3mm, and caused excruciating pain. So they prescribed me Flomax and I thoug ...
More questions for: Dilantin, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
- Clindamycin - vertigo and nausea
2 days in after starting on clendamycin for tooth infection I began having slight vertigo which steadily increased the next day. Nausea present with vomiting. I saw primary doc & I mentioned I was on this antibiotic which was told this could be the source of my problem and to stop taking medicine ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
- Dilantin and interactions
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Dilantin, Vertigo
On eHealthMe, Dilantin (phenytoin sodium) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Dilantin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Dilantin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Dilantin, Vertigo
Recent Dilantin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dilantin, Keppra for a 24-year old woman who has Complex Partial Seizures
- Comparions of Dilantin, Keppra for a 38-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Flexeril, Magnesium Oxide, Dilantin, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Levetiracetam, Extended Phenytoin Sodium for a 29-year old woman who has Grand Mal Seizure
- Comparions of Dilantin, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol, Naproxen And Esomeprazole Magnesium for a 59-year old woman who has Back Disorder
- Comparions of Tramadol, Dilantin, Valium, Depakote Cp for a 52-year old man who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Dilantin, Lamotrigine for a 24-year old woman who has Seizures
- Comparions of Lamictal Xr, Dilantin, Zonegran for a 77-year old man who has NALD
- Comparions of Multivitamin, Phenytoin Sodium for a 47-year old man who has Vitamins
- Comparions of Dilantin, Celexa for a 40-year old man who has Antibiotic Prophylaxis
More related comparison studies for: Dilantin, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.